“Another Home Run from my Neighborhood Wendy's”
Review of Wendy's

Wendy's
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed April 28, 2018

Had another nutritious and delicious lunch at my neighborhood Wendy's in Yarmouth on Cape Cod on the last Saturday in April. Talia was doing everything as she always does, including putting up our order when the time came. Thank you, Talia As I was with my favorite lunch-, dinner-, breakfast- and snack-mate, I had the large Mediterranean salad and stuffed half of it in a baggie to take home for another meal. I also brought my own salad dressing from home. It has a lot fewer carbs than Wendy's--but more sodium. Sometimes you just can't win. My dressing also doesn't taste as good as Wendy's, by the way, but that is one of the sacrifices I make for good health.
Had I been alone I might've indulged in Wendy's great chili and a couple of low-price, high-flavor, high-fat, low-carb burgers without buns. What a great pairing they make.
As I was here at the height of the lunchtime rush hour, there was quite a line at the drive-thru. As fast as drive-through service is, my advice is to park, come in, meet the nice people who work here, get really fast service over the counter and be on your way. OR, stop, sit, eat, enjoy, use the facilities and then go. That's what I do
Hope to see you here next chance I get to come by.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

What can you say ? It's a remodeled Wendys, has the freestyle Coke machine. Clean and food is good and typical of Wendys. I am a frequent visitor to this location.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

Had my first not-so-great experience at my favorite Wendy's this morning. I was there early to break my fast after a routine blood test. When I walked in I could see I was the only customer in the place and that there was only a skeleton crew way in back on the other side of the counter. Had to call out for assistance as there was no one at the counter to take my order. I soon realized that the hard-working manager was doing it all, taking orders at the window and the counter and simultaneously serving food and couldn't be in three places at once.
My first disappointment is that they don't serve breakfast sandwiches on croissants. I had my heart set on a hot ham and cheese on a croissant. I must've crossed my memories with another place. If you know whereat I could get such a breakfast delight, please let me know as obviously I have forgotten.
The second disappointment was that the biscuit I had my egg, cheese, and sausage on was stale. I think it had also been ovened too long, too. The good news is that it tasted great once I got past the crust on the biscuit.
The third disappointment was that the breakfast potatoes were barely warm. I saw them being drawn from the holding bin. Had they been in there too long? Should've returned them as they were unacceptable but I needed to get something into me quickly and I was halfway through them before I realized what was happening. A little ketchup helped get the second half down.
The fourth disappointment was that the magical make-it-your -way monster beverage machine was out of the first three flavors of Coke I wanted. Had to settle for zero calorie lime. How can a machine like this be out? Doesn't it send out a signal when it's getting low or out? Are we supposed to refill it ourselves?
On the other hand, I saved a few pennies as I qualified for a Freestyle beverage. My sandwich costs $2.99 and the potatoes $1.39 for a total bill of $4.38 before $0.31 tax. The combo would've cost $4.89 and likely would've inched the tax up a bit too, of course. Thank you, Wendy, for your kindness toward your elders. Very elder.
Not wanting to end on a downer but, in the name of full disclosure, I noticed on the menu board that my selection contained between 640 and 1,180 calories. Yikes. Who knew breakfast would be my full complement of calories for the rest of the day's daylight.
As traffic was light and there were no other cars in the parking lot (only three men came in the entire time I was there--coffee drinkers), I was able to get out onto Old Town House Road without having to go around the building. I use this street to exit so that I can left turn at the lights on Station Ave, a much safer way to go when I am on the way home.
While I was not as happy as I might've been with my experience at Wendy's this morning, it is still my favorite place to maximize and balance nutrition, deliciousness, and value. Will be back soon, especially since they reminded me with big signage that taco salads are baaaaaack. Hope to see you there then, Amigo.

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the cranberry pecan apple salad with mixed greens topped with chicken and pomegranate dressing. Very delicious! Would be great for a light dinner as well.

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite and was pleasantly surprised by how nice and good natured all the staff were this evening. Everyone smiled as they addressed the customers. I was impressed by the cleanliness, as well.
Keep up the great work!