“Still a fabulous experience”

Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our third visit to Captain Farris House. It has been four years since our last visit.
Still a wonderful house . Howard and Nancy were terrific innkeepers, we were especially grateful, as I messed up our reservation, thinking we were there for 3 nights, not two. We were far, far away when we received a call that we were due to check out. Yikes, Howard and Nancy packed up our things for us and we later picked them up. Most gracious and kind. We would not have thought anything of it, had they charged us for taking up the room longer than check out time, but they did not. A wonderful stay, the breakfasts were out of this world, the room was comfortable and so well kept. We will surely be back again
Andy and Ramona

Room Tip: Aunt Liddy's room was wonderful, we had no noise of any kind, and the bonus is that you emerge...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goldenboy08
captnfarris, Owner at Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Andy and Ramona, We were so happy to see you again! Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you back for your fourth visit!
Best,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

My sister had stayed here last year and recommended the Captain Farris House to us. We are so pleased we took her advice.

We have visited Cape Cod a few times in the past but the experience this time far exceeded any previous visit.

Howard and Lynda, the Innkeepers, were a mine of information about the local area, so friendly and always found time for a chat.

As mentioned in other reviews the breakfasts were a work of art, so beautiful and delicious with it and we have the recipes to try to recreate them for ourselves.

The accommodation was pure luxury, with plenty of room and the most comfortable beds which ensured a good night's sleep. Our room was Russell's Hideaway which had a balcony shared with the room next door. However all the rooms look to be as luxurious as ours.

We did have a little bit of a problem using the wifi on our phones but Lynda referred us to the lovely little library next door which provide free internet facilities.

My wife and I both agree that this was the highlight of our trip to the US this time and we would recommend anyone visiting Cape Cod to pay a visit to Captain Farris House - you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor with a number of stairs so would not be good for someone with mobili...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Taffy449

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We have many guests that visit due to a recommendation and we are very appreciative of that! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I spent August 2nd – 5th at the Captain Farris House and I have nothing but nice things to say about our experience there! We arrived earlier than expected and prior to the check in time, so Lynda was kind enough to get us towels, chairs, and an umbrella for the beach. We were given directions to a fabulous swimming beach with a restaurant across the street from the same beach where we hung out until it was time to check into our room. Lynda had made us dinner reservations at The Ocean House which is about 10 minutes away. The restaurant sits on a beach with an amazing view of the ocean. It was a little bit pricey, but the food was delicious. They have a beach bar next door to the restaurant where you can wait for your table. We went there for drinks one other night while there! Howard’s breakfast is amazing!! I have never had better muffins. We were given directions and all sorts of helpful information while we were there. The house is situated close to town in a lovely neighborhood which we strolled through twice. The homes are amazing. One tip: Take the Ferry out of Hyannis to Martha’s Vineyard. You can rent bikes upon arrival and take a beautiful 6 mile ride from Oak Bluffs into Edgartown. That was my favorite part of the trip. The Captain Faris House is beautiful, quiet, and has amazing hosts. It was the perfect getaway!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank FootballFanTampa
captnfarris, Owner at Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities that we offer and Howard’s amazing breakfasts! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I spent three days at the Inn in July, 2012, during which time we had a fabulous experience. The innkeepers, Howard and Lynda, were so friendly, and always there to answer our questions and help us around the Cape. The breakfast each morning was fantastic - we enjoyed every morsel. Especially the afternoon sweets!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marsha58
captnfarris, Owner at Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write your review of us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our Bed & Breakfast!
Nancy

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I spent three nights at the inn July 2012. We met friends there and we were given rooms right next to each other. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was yummy each morning. We asked for the recipes and they were given to us promptly. The innkeepers, Howard and Lynda, we're awesome!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frankFortlauderdale
captnfarris, Owner at Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and found your room to be comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in October 2011 and it was wonderful. It was our first time staying in a B&B and we were both a little uneasy not knowing what we were getting into. However, it was absolutely perfect! The Inn is beautiful, clean and well maintained, the breakfasts were fantastic and the innkeepers were just GREAT! Very attentive! If we ever get back to Cape Cod we will definitely stay here again! The only reason I'm not giving a five star rating on the location is because it's not on the water, other than that the location is just fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Min101
captnfarris, Owner at Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you for writing your review of us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I had a wonderful 5 day stay at the Captain Farris House in July 2012. I will be honest, I generally hate B&B's... the food is often lackluster and the accommodations can be downright nauseating. I decided to give this place a try after reading the reviews and I was happily surprised. I have incredibly discriminating tastes as I work for a major culinary arts and hospitality college and live everyday among talented and excellent chefs and students. I'll admit it! I'm spoiled! Luckily, the Captain Farris House did not disappoint.

I was in town for business and brought my boyfriend with me for the week to enjoy some R&R. Upon entering the B&B I met Howard and Lynda, who are the managers of the property that Nancy and Michael own. Howard and Lynda are a genuinely kind couple who took excellent care of us on our stay (incidentally, it was there 47th anniversary, congratulations!). Although I had to be up and out early in the morning Howard and Lynda were so thoughtful to prepare me a dish early before service everyday, and often sent me off packed with a phenomenal baked good. Presentation is incredibly important to Howard, and he tends to use local flowers, fruits and herbs to garnish his dishes, which he and Lynda create with great pride. (I hope you are fortunate enough to enjoy Howard's frittata topped with seasoned crimini mushrooms while you enjoy your stay. It's wonderful! I would be remiss to forget to also recommend his lemon poppy seed bread, drizzled with a light glaze... I had to get the recipe!)

We stayed in the Captain Farris Suite, which was comfortable and cozy. The bathroom was a treat as it was large and well kept. But the room could not compare to the beautiful center of the house which is open and covered by a glass ceiling. A quiet and comfortable place to enjoy your morning coffee or plan your days events. Another bright spot is the home's formal parlor complete with a beautiful chess set and port and sherry for your evening - a MUST to complete your stay!

Overall, I highly recommend this B&B and worry that no other will be able to live up to its character, charm, and very kind and helpful staff. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The second floor rooms (Captain Farris Suite and the Anna Farris Suite I believe) are a little more...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Elizabeth B

Thank you for choosing the Captain Farris House for your Cape Cod lodging. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast and all the other amenities we offer. We hope you will visit us again for pleasure only! Again, thank you for your kind words.
Nancy

#1 of 8 in Yarmouth Port
The Village Inn Cape Cod
The Village Inn Cape Cod
#2 of 8 in Yarmouth Port

Been to Captain Farris House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!