My wife and I have been going to the Blue Rock since 1985. At that time a number of the desk staff were in their 60's, we were in our 30's. Now we're in our 60's and many of the staff in their 30's, wow, how time flies. In the early 90's (as I recall) the Blue Rock added 4 new Junior Suites, #210 being our favorite as it overlooks the golf course and the Motor Inn yard. The Suite is large, beautifully furnished and maintained. There are stairs to reach the second floor. Upon our arrival I asked if there was anyone who could help with our 4 large pieces of luggage as I have a health issue that won't let me carry anything heavy up stairs. The Property Manager Ryan O'Loughlin without missing a beat offered his services even though he is always impeccably dressed in a shirt and tie and dress pants. (yes people do notice) He not only gladly assisted but refused a very well deserved tip. We noticed during our 5 night stay that Ryan's people skills with all clients is just outstanding, he is concerned, genuine, and a real problem solver. When some one is very good at their job it is usually a sign that they enjoy what they're doing, without a doubt Ryan does and it reflects on the guests. Having stayed at the Blue Rock now for 28 years Ryan is the best Manager the property has ever had, he is a tremendous asset to this property.
The dining room offers a wonderful breakfast and again the staff and food are terrific. Our waiter for the week was Alan who not only provided us with great service but being a full time Cape resident was able to provide daily tips on sites and restaurants we hadn't been to even though we've been Cape visitors since 1979. I've dealt with the pubic for 37 years before retiring last year and Alan would be on the top of my list to hire. His communication skills and genuine personality come across so clearly. Alan was not only welcoming every morning but provided A+ service with coffee refills etc... Our only let down was the Motor Inn were out of "adult cold cereal" and only had a variety of cereal selections for kids. Apparently the delivery of cereal never did show the week we were there.
The Blue Rock I believe opened in 1965 and the owners have continued to update it and maintain it to perfection, it has never looked better. Rachel provides landscaping services and the flowers and grass were post card perfect. Coming from the Palm Springs area which survives on tourism we are accustomed to seeing dozens of Hotels and Motor Inns with remarkable landscaping and great attention to detail. The Blue Rock could give any Palm Springs/Palm Desert property a run for it's money.
The Blue Rock is a short distance off the "beaten path" and a wonderful retreat from the traffic and crowds of Route 28. (we are very quiet people) The Motor Inn also has it's own private beach which is just a five minute drive away, the staff were so accommodating and helpful each morning setting up the umbrellas and beach chairs, again staff at any vacation stop can make or break your vacation. All the Blue Rock Staff are outstanding at what they do, we can't recommend this property highly enough. Looking forward to year 29 !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort features 44 comfortable rooms, suites and Club House apartment overlooking gardens and scenic greens. Great choice for families with young children and couples looking for the serenity Cape Cod has to offer. After a full day of sightseeing and activities, the peaceful charm of our Cape Cod resort is the perfect place to relax. Located on the award winning Blue Rock Golf Course, rated one of the "Top Places to Play" by Golf Digest. Blue Rock is a meticulously maintained par-3 golf course. Discover why golfers - and overnight guests - return time and time again to this lovely setting. Affiliation with 3 nearby beach front resorts with free access to beach, indoor & outdoor heated pools, spa, live entertainment,seasonal fully supervised children's programs and a variety of fun family activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Rock Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Rock Golf Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Rock Resort Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA