All reviews ocean front cape cod chairs and umbrellas pool bar parking lot front desk staff mother's day beach staff oceanview room nice beach next year second floor many years towels barbara summer housekeeper
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2016

I stayed here 2 years ago and had an absolutely perfect experience. I went back for this past 4th of July weekend with my boyfriend and it was so different than my first experience. Here are my pros and cons. For me, the cons outweigh the pros so I won't be returning.

PROS:
-beautiful beach that is well-maintained
-free lounge chairs, umbrellas, and towels for the beach that they set up for you
-bar outside with drinks and food (love the mozzarella sticks!)
-servers from the bar on the beach if you're feeling lazy
-decent food indoors (I have only had the breakfast)
-front desk was friendly

CONS:
-room was not cleaned well on the day we arrived. Our toilet had #2 stains all over. We decided to leave the housekeeper a big tip the next morning hoping she'd do a better job and she did! Also the floor was a weird color. I later found out our room use to be a public men's bathroom.
-for 3 of the 4 days I was there, they ran out of the lounge chairs and umbrellas. There were so many people on the beach that did not belong to the resort (no bracelets) so I'm pretty sure that's the reason. It was frustrating to think that I could not use these materials that I had paid for, but others were getting them for free.
-not enough wait staff for the outside bar. The same staff was responsible for bar area, pool area, and whole beach. I felt bad they didn't have enough help.
-NO Wifi or cell service.
-women's restroom near the pool area was disgusting every day
-the last straw was the last day when my boyfriend left his sunglasses in the indoor eating area after breakfast. He went back no more than 5 minutes later to ask if they had found them. The hostess opened the drawer, shuffled some things around without looking and closed it, saying "no." We saw the glasses while she was shuffling and had to ask her to look again. I don't know if it was carelessness or she wanted the glasses, but either way it was a frustrating.

Overall, this resort is pretty average. A lot of the problems I had, I've had at other hotels but I did not pay as much for those hotels. This place is just not worth the price. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn in Hyannis from now on. The place is so nice for cheap!

6  Thank Sabrina P
John V, General Manager at Blue Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Thank you for staying at Blue water and I do apologize that your stay was just average. Your comments are numerous and recognized. We certainly hope you realize that the resort does maintain a staff that ensures all of our guests are greeted and served in a friendly and timely manner. The cell service we have no control over and the providers are aware that the service they offer is not adequate during peak months here on Cape Cod. the WIFI I am looking into and will adjust the strength accordingly. Please come visit again!

Reviewed July 22, 2016

Beautiful spot right on the ocean...great service from front desk to maid service to the young people setting up the chairs and umbrellas on the beach. Good breakfast in the restaurant also. Just a great overall experience.

Room tip: oceanfront is gorgeous
1  Thank cmclau
John V, General Manager at Blue Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2016

Fantastic news! Thank you and please come again!

Reviewed July 21, 2016

Pleasant, dated, very close proximity to neighbors, but enjoyable and like returning to the 60's patio style 2 story motels with lovely gardens and pleasant guests. Stayed one night but would go back and stay a minimum of 2 nights if I were returning.
Lots of activities for children.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms mean a rather limited sideways view of the ocean. The best part is you are so so close to the beach. Lovely.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay and please be aware this particular property has many room variations that just may suit your needs. Hope to see you back!

Reviewed July 20, 2016

I stayed at this resort for 4 nights as part of a group tour in June. First, the proximity to the beach is amazing! Everything is well groomed and the property is well maintained. It was a pleasure to have such a beautiful beach to view and walk on. The weather was gorgeous so that only added to the appeal.

Breakfast was included with our stay. It was awful! We had a menu to choose from that repeated the option every other day. I think they bought microwavable meals because the cheese omelets were thin and perfect in proportion and all looked the same. Unfortunately, I've stayed at a few places like this where the breakfast station has selections like this. The scrambled eggs looked powdered and were lumpy and brown. They must have been microwaved in a bowl and turned upside down on the plate because they retained the bowl shape. The management didn't have enough servers to cover all the groups that were staying here. Our last morning they didn't even have enough water pitchers to place on all the tables. Service was non existent due to the few servers they had working to handle 2-3 groups of 30+ each. Since we were on a bus, if you opted to stay at the resort instead of the daily excursion, the restaurant did not serve lunch! A few people were unable to go out for the day and the restaurant was closed at lunch. It's a very remote area and if you don't have your own transportation, you're out of luck.

The rooms were large enough but the walls were paper thin. You could hear everything. The sink was outside the minuscule bathroom that included the toilet and shower.

For me the main appeal would be the private beach. If I stayed here again, I would definitely have my own transportation and eat out!

My cell phone service was not good either.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank TRIPSTER077

Thank you for your group stay and we have reviewed your remarks regarding our rooms, our food and beverage, our bathrooms and our remote location. Typically our resort does not serve lunch during the period when just about every guest leaves the property after breakfast to participate in the groups pre planned activities. I met a few others during this time frame that I was able to take in our company vehicle down to a neighboring dining spot and pick them up as well. We hope you understand we try to accommodate everyone's wishes however on occasion we are just not aware of a request that a guest may have had until after they leave us. We will continue to do our very best to find a way to serve everyone's needs while they are here.

Reviewed July 15, 2016

My stay was amazing, from the time I checked in, until the time I checked out. Staff was extremely friendly, even let me check in early. Great beach, location is beautiful. I got a room with an ocean view and it was so worth it. I was traveling by myself and felt very safe. I can't wait to go back next year. Just can't say enough about this place. Thank you Blue Water!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room tip: They do give you a wifi password, but very poor cell phone service in the area.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank kathleen413

Thank you we certainly hope you return to see us again real soon!