First, this facility is dog-friendly, which is what attracted us to it in the first place (though we have stayed at other Red Jacket resorts before and been happy with our accommodations) and I have to say we saw only one other dog. I am going to write about the suites. We loved the place. We stayed 2 nights and were allowed to use the facilities the 3rd day. We did. The beach was lovely, pool, facilities were in bloom with flowers everywhere, warm beach towels plentiful. Coffee was available 24/7. Our bed mattress definitely could have used an upgrade; it was not a good mattress. The kitchen was very good. Some people on this site have complained about the rooms: There are all sorts of rooms there: suites such as ours, then motel-like accommodations behind the main office, then some more rooms in a main building (where the restaurant, dinner bar and indoor pools are located). There are rooms off of the parking lot and closer to the road and I would imagine that that's an entirely different experience from ours. You are going to thus find variation. I can say the suites were great, more private, away from the parking lot; the grounds were lovely with all sorts of flowering plants, hydrangeas, etc., in bloom, and were well maintained. The service was excellent. There was a full day's schedule for kids; one evening was a marshmallow roast on the beach. Lovely. As in many places, some front desk people were lovely and others were so so, but our needs were always met. Right next door was the Riviera Hotel, also part of Red Jacket, and our grandchildren spent time there in the spectacular kiddie pool. After our weekend getaway, we felt like we'd gotten the R&R we wanted. Would we stay there again? Yes, absolutely.
Some of the rooms are dog-friendly, which is why we chose this particular resort. Sure you are paying a lot, but they allow dogs over 25 lbs and they allow the dog to remain alone in the room, and very few places allow that. Another plus. Most of the dog-friendly rooms are off of the parking lot but some are available closer to the beach, so you have to ask and pay accordingly. All in all, we paid a lot for our 2 nights and 3 days, but we really got what we were looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beach side Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools,basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA