We spent a long weekend at this resort with our two grown children. It was, as promised, right on the beach, with many great amenities, like chairs and umbrellas -- both on a deck facing the ocean and available for setup right on the nice sandy private beach. There is a great snack bar and bar by the side of the pool, steps from the ocean, which was really convenient if you wanted to make a day of the beach, which we did one day. The people at the resort are really great and very helpful.
Overall we were really pleased with everything. As some reviews have noted, noisy A/C units (I mean, really noisy) and just okay beds and bedding are the only areas that could use an updating. It's true that the "heavenly beds" many hotel chains have these days do spoil us all, but I know I would have slept better if the bedding and the A/C had been better.
But location cannot be beaten and there were many great restaurants nearby and traffic wasn't a problem. In all, it was a great mini-vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 500 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound, Blue Water is the ideal resort for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or an extended family gathering. The resort boasts 113 guest rooms and cottages, most with patio or balcony featuring stunning ocean and garden views. Offering food and beverage services in the dining room and lounge, as well as catering for private parties of up to 75 people. Also, our popular beach side Cabana Bar & Grill serves food and drink favorites during the summer season. In addition to the private beach, resort amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools,basketball court, putting green, and game arcade. Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis. Open from late April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Water on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Water On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Best Western South Yarmouth
- South Yarmouth Best Western
- Blue Water On The Ocean Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA