“A fantastic find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Beach House at Bass River
Colorado
“A fantastic find!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My wife and I were in Cape Cod from Colorado. While she'sa planner, I encouraged her to try the "fly by the seat of the pants" approach. After a day on Seagull beach at Yarmouth (nice), we realized it was time to find a room for the night. At 5PM, we drove to the Red Jacket Inn. A bit put off by emergency vehicles at the Red Jacket, we turned around and were headed back to Rte 28 when we passed by the much smaller, quaint Beach House at Bass River. Walking in the main office and explaining we only wanted one night, the staff was extremely welcoming and accomodating. $260 for the night plus $30 in taxes. Well worth theexperience. We were escorted to a clean simple but lovely room on the first floor, less than 20 yards from a private beach. Within 5 minutes, our paperwork was processed and we were in our room for the night. Sliding glass doors led to a patio, lounge chairs on a plush lawn. Our door was maybe 50 feet to a stairwell to the beach was more than I imagined that we could find. We could see the ocean from the bed. The continental breakfast was perfectly satisfying with juice, coffee, fresh cream, a nice assortment of fresh breakfast breads and fruits. We look forward to a return visit next year. But I'll be sure to make reservations in advance so I don't risk not having availability!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank travelin4fun4

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Massachusetts
Reviewed June 20, 2011

My sister and brother-in-law stay here every Summer however this was our first visit. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the backyard and beach area. The room was decorated in soft blue and white and with the sliding door open it was so very peaceful to drift to sleep while listening to the surf.
My ony complaint would be that the pole light in the backyard was kept lit all night (the only light that I could notice being kept lit in the nearby homes). This shined directly into the room and also prompted young people to gather outside the rear facing rooms during the late evening hours......no more surf sounds and blissful darkness.
The breakfast was continental and could be enjoyed either in the backyard on lounge chairs or in your room (little seating in the breakfast room). We'd certainly return again (with the hope that the backyard light was off after 11 p.m.).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MassVisitor
Pelham, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Beach House at Bass River was the perfect place to stay this past Memorial Day Weekend. I needed someplace that did not require a 3 night stay. They allowed us to stay on Saturday and Sunday nights and the rate was very reasonable. The customer service was spectacular. The room was very comfortable and did not feel like a hotel room but rather felt "homey". We were in a room on the second floor close to the parking lot but had a great ocean view as well as a great sunset view.
The complimentary continental breakfast was very good with a variety of food to choose from. The Beach House has a nice lawn facing the ocean with chairs to sit and enjoy the scenery. It was especially nice to walk directly out of the room and onto the beach! We will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor seems to have a better view of the ocea!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beachlover03076
New England
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We have been going to Beach House at Bass River for 16 years and go back every year for our anniversary. We are NEVER disappoointed with the rooms, the staff, the atmosphere, etc. Even in bad weather, you can still enjoy the view. Just lying in bed listening to the oceans surf as it lulls you to sleep is like heaven on earth. The private beach, the balconies/patios as well as the rooms are all great. If you are looking for some quiet time, a place to relax and get away from the busy life you lead, I highly recommend Beach House at Bass River. It never ever disappoints!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DJG0517
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2010

If your goal while visiting Cape Cod is to experience the beauty and peacefulness of the ocean and the beaches, then this is the place for you! We spent every day with our balcony door wide open listening to the waves and breathing in the fresh sea air. Our room was practically ON the beach. Our view was magnificent. The room itself was very attractive, extremely comfortable and exceptionally clean. Breakfast was delightful. The Beach House was quiet and filled with friendly people, including the excellent staff. What a magical spot compared to the crazy hustle and bustle of our other Cape Cod stops!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harleyjourneys
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed August 23, 2010

My husband and I wanted one last get away before our baby is born (Due in November) Although I read all of the prior reviews I was still nervous apon arival, We arived at the hotel around 12:00 (check in isn't until 2:00) parked in the lot and went into the front office to make sure it was ok to use the park and use the beach until check in. The front desk woman was lovely allowing us to use the beach. Beach is "private" although just a few steps away there is a public section with limited free parking. (This never seemed to be an issue.) The beach has white sand and clean waters. Seaweed can be overwhelming for someone who isnt use to it. Around 2:15 we checked into our room number 22, which to my suprise acutally looked like the pictures!!! The room was not suppose to have a water view and our view was not a dirrect view but we were able to see the beach from our patio. Room was charming and very homey!! Only down fall was extreamly ferm beds. My husband did not seem as bother a by them as I was but concidering I am 26 weeks pregnant a comfortable bed is important. (Daily room cleanings are fantastic. House keeping is top knotch) The morning breakfast consisted of 3 types of home made breads (pumpkin my favorite), home made granola, yogurt, bagels, english muffins, and fresh fruit...juice, coffee and tea. Stayed 3 days and would have loved to stay longer although I couldnt wait to get home to my pillow top bed. Will be returning to beach house at bass river for future trips.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2010

For our first time in Cape Cod, we couldn't have been happier with this small, but lovely beach B&B. We only stayed two nights due to travel plans to other places, but I was sorry to leave.

We had Room 17, the very last room on the ground floor facing the ocean. There's a lovely grassy area right outside the patio door with many chaise lounges. Only about 30 feet away are the 6-7 steps down to the beach. I really enjoyed being so close to the ocean, but still being on grass. Even if you come up from th beach a bit sandy, there's a shower right on the side of the building so it's easy to clean up.

The rooms are cute and clean. The beds are just 'okay,' but I am a bit picky about beds having a bad back. The staff are all very nice and very accommodating. There's a seafood restaurant called 'Skippers' within walking distance where we had a very delicious meal (great fish and chips and wonderful cod cakes).

I look forward to a return visit in years to come.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Riviera Beach Resort
Riviera Beach Resort
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Beach House at Bass River? Share your experiences!