“A hidden gem! Loved it and came back a month later”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Yarmouth
Yarmouth Country Cabins
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I absolutely love this "cabinground". We came for the first time in July of 2011 and had such a good time, my kids pleaded to come back asap. We are back again in August of 2011. This is a wonderful complex for kids--there is a playgound right in the middle of the complex, a heated pool, and lots of other children to play with. We have stayed in two different cabins that were clean, neat, and have comfortable beds. At night, there is nothing better than sitting around the complex's fire pit talking to other families.
Audrey and Jerry the owners, are always around for anything you need and they aim to please. Could not have asked for anything better. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Cabins around the playground are the best for people with small kids
5  Thank TweetyBird66

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I found the property online and rented by email. There was no contract. It turned out to be fine but I was surprised that this was how they did business so don't be surprised by this.

We were here for a week - in cabins 13 & 14; On check in we met the owner's daughter who was bringing us extra pillows. She gave my husband a run down on the property -- She's probably around 12 yrs old. Later we met the owner and rented towels from her. Though I later found the info online, I was not clear on the fact that we needed to provide our own toilet paper and towels for use in the cabins. It could be helpful to provide an email a week before checkin or even at the time of confirmation with a list of things to bring. Though the location states that Wifi is available -- it was extremely limited at this particular cabin. My husband had to walk over to the router and then get connected and hope it held on the walk back .. it didn't.

Cabin 14 has two bedrooms, a full kitchen, small living area and bathroom and cabin 13 is more like a studio suite with a bathroom, one room w/bed & couch & tv and a microwave & fridge; It's considered the guest cabin for cabin 14; We had the kids in cabin 14 and we, the parents stayed in 13 which provided a lot of privacy for us. The two cabins share a backyard with two picnic tables & a traditional plastic table w/ chairs as well as a hammock. There is also a baby swing (that we didn't use) and a rocking horse on the property of these cabins. There's a lot of backyard space here so if you wanted to bring your own tent or canopy from home, you could. Cabin 14 had a lot of ants.. I told the caretaker who said he'd spray the perimeter of the building; Cabin 13 was newer looking on the inside though we did have a bat the first night. It woke me in the middle of the night and my husband got it to leave the room easily.

There is a smallish pool but it was terrific for our needs. We invited our extended family who was staying nearby to swim as we never saw many others from the cabins swimming there ... The deep end of the pool is about 4 feet at the perimeter but quickly dips to over 9 feet in the middle. I think this is a very dangerous depth - especially since a lot of families come to these cabins. Additionally, there is no clear sign about the depth so we were all caught by surprise.

There's a great fire pit with a lot of seating - however no one used it though the temp dropped a lot by the end of our week. We sat there for a few minutes at one point and the next day - when we returned to rest in the middle of the day, the caretaker was using a buzzsaw to cut up additional wood. It's right near our cabins where this work is done and he was wearing earphones, of course -- but we couldn't escape the noise which was pretty awful. While I understand he wanted to prepare more wood for the fire the timing was unfortunate for us.

Overall - we really loved the feeling of the place .. Our cabins offered us enough seclusion and a good place for the rest of our family to visit to use the pool and have lunch on our picnic tables.

Because the cape is so large and varied - we'd probably not return to this accommodation as I'd like to experience a quieter bit of the cape next time... Yarmouth is the most populous town on the cape and we heard many sirens driving by.

2  Thank rachelfran
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We just returned from a wonderful stay at the Yarmouth Country Cabins. We loved our cabin and everyone was so friendly. We spent every night sitting on our screened in porch and enjoying the beautiful weather. It was a perfect spot on the Cape- close to the beaches and so many other activities!! We hope to return next year :-)

9  Thank ColiMcL
Reviewed July 21, 2011

My family and I vacationed here this summer and I was very disappointed from the moment I drove in the driveway. I booked this place by looking at their great website that painted a nice spreadout picture with a pond with boats, spacious cabins and a pool. When we arrived, the place what literally rite off Rt. 28, the cabin was incredibly small and the cabins were on top of each other. There were also no boats on a pond, the sound of police cars and ambulances flying by through the day and night certainly was not enyoyable. But the most thing I was most dissapointed with was the lack of hospitality by the owners as we were never greeted, checked on througout our stay nor saw anyone on our check out to ask how we liked our stay. I find this incredibly shocking especially since there is so much competition with vacation rentals on the Cape with the current economic climate. Check this property out before you book and do not book based on their web site.

Room Tip: Check this property out in person
1  Thank SkierX
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The cottage was very clean and stocked with everything you will need for your stay. It is located on the main strip but you would never know it. Very conveniently located to all kinds of stores and restaurants. Like 5 minutes from the beach.The owners are warm, friendly, and very accommodating. This was the first family vacation where our kids were free to be themselves and play all day. Much different than being in a hotel and constantly telling them to keep it down. Very relaxing!!!! We are going again this year and even bringing another family with us.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank missy1201
Reviewed August 24, 2010

This is the second year in a row we stayed at the Yarmouth Country Cabins. The first year we meant 2 wonderful familes and had so much fun we all planned our trip and went back the same week this year. This year was just as much fun as the first and now we have added another family to the mix. The kids have the pool, bikes, playground and campfire to occupy them and while they are the adults are visiting and hanging out. We have a 2 and a 4 year old and I can tell you this is one of the only places we can go that the kids are having fun with other kids their age and we are able to have a conversation longer than 2 seconds. The cabins are clean and they have all different sizes to choose from. There is also ice cream and a family fun center with in walking distance. I highly recommend Yarmouth Country Cabins for your next family vacation at the Cape. Thank you to Audrey and her family for another wonderful week! You do an amazing job at making family memoriees.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank SheehanFamily
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My girlfriend and I were heading up to Cape Cod for a last minute trip and after looking through all of the hotels and cottages to rent, Yarmouth Country Cabins was the perfect fit. The cabins are typically booked by the week, but since it was last minute and they had an open cabin, we were able to rent for three nights.

Location:
After driving the length of Cape Cod, I think that the location of YCC is perfect. We had to drive to almost everything, but we were central to a lot of good places and excellent beaches were a short drive( or walkable if you really felt up to it).

Cabins:
The Cabins are actually cottages but were renamed to Cabins due to people that expect the world out of something called a " cottage". We stayed in cabin 6 and have no complaints. The cabin was very clean and the AC was ice cold. the bed was firm but comfortable and made for a cozy nights sleep. The only small issue was trouble with the shower draining, but we got around it. The outside areas of the cabins are great for relaxing and having a couple of drinks. It was very quiet during our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful with everything.

Overall: recommended, unless you are looking for marble bathrooms and high luxury rather than a beach cottage.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
#7 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Riviera Beach Resort
Riviera Beach Resort
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Yarmouth Country Cabins? Share your experiences!