All reviews smelled clean basic room labor day jack beach fridge cape ocean rt
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at The Dunes Motor Inn for 3 nights while visiting family on vacation in Yarmouth. We knew up front this was not going to be a Ritz Carlton so we were not surprised to find a very basic room with very basic amenities. Our priority was cleanliness of the room and a decent bed. Our expectations were met. The beds were very comfortable and room clean. Minor observations were that the blinds in the bathroom needed changing as one was broken, and it would have been nice to have hooks to hang towels. The toiletries were not good quality (soap and shampoo) but we had our own so that didn’t bother us. The motel in general is old and is in need of a face lift, but suited our purposes as a clean place to hit the hay at night. Would definitely return!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2018

Breakfast - less than a bare minimum, just 2 cereals, milk directly from a gallon-size plastic bottle directly from a store that sits on ice, coffee from 1 pot, with very small paper cups only, so you would not have much, no yogurt, no fruit, no eggs, and it is all constantly overseen by owner's wife that stands there and stares at you taking food. One sort of bagels, one sort of muffins, watered down orange juice from a bottle directly from a store, with smallest plastic cups possible. Selection is extremely limited and the process of taking food is overseen constantly.
Room has AC turned off, fridge turned off, lamp cord pulled out, all so greedy to a point of non-sense - like 1 of 2 bulbs was screwed out in the 2 bulb light. Thinnest piece of soap, re-used shampoo tiny bottle, with broken seal, rubber matte in the bath tub had a hole in it, window shades that are like $4 in Home Depot were old, dusty and damaged so they won't block the view inside the room. Windows - you can't lock them. The feeling of extreme greed is everywhere.
Location is good, but you can't go to the beach for long, as you need to remove your car from a lot by 11 am, the check-out time. So you could walk along the beach in the morning, until 11 am, and then go away.
Will not return because the room is very shabby, motel is very noisy, and breakfast is way below any standard. When I asked on check-in about yogurt, the owner told me that they have cereal and coffee and "that should be enough"!!!

Room Tip: At another hotel, maybe?
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank irwinirwin2018
Reviewed July 5, 2018

This was a hotwire deal and after reading last year’s reviews I was a little apprehensive. I was traveling solo on business so my needs are pretty minimal. Clean and quiet the two biggest and The Dunes met those. Asked and was granted a top floor (only two) to minimize noise. The place was pretty empty (midweek) but there were some kids frolicking in the pool which looked nice.

The hotel was a tad dated but overall very clean. Small flat screen and decent wifi. Left before the breakfast so I can’t comment on that.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2018

This is a definite hidden gem !!!!! the place is small, quiet, off the highway, a block (about a football field) from the ocean. Rooms are small but comfortable - Clean but slightly outdated, needs a little work but LOVED our stay there !!!!!! Beds are to DIE FOR <3 !!!!! WILL DIFINITELY BE BACK !!!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

So their policy is to charge 1 night as a deposit even though per Expedia you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance. Not crazy about this but this is not the bad stuff.

We walk into reception and are first greeted by Jacks wife. She couldn’t find our reservation anywhere. Along pops in Jack . He looks at me and says your credit card was denied. Keep in mind I already paid for the night of arrival and I’m standing in front of him so obviously I have a credit card. I give him my card and he charges it immediately for THE SECOND NIGHT! I don’t like this policy. Hold my card Info then when I check out charge the rest !!!!suppose we used the phone? Then another charge goes through??

We stayed in “suite”. The broken blinds were dirty. So was the bath mat . The electrical plugs were loose so the only good one was in the kitchen to charge devices

It was a hot weekend and the air conditioning in the sitting room didn’t work at all! The one in the main bedroom made more noise then a lawn mower so we cooled the room but couldn’t sleep comfortable .

Very very weak internet!!!
Spotty at best cable...annoying!

The continental breakfast was minimal!!! Goodfor your coffee but it had 2 cereal choices, a few slices of wheat Bread a few English muffins and watered down juice.

Another thing, our unit had a kitchen, well the refrigerator was OFF when we arrived so the drinks we brought couldn’t be chilled until fridge chilled. Really you turn off between guests

There are other choices in Yarmouth !!! If you go before the 3 rd week of June you can get nightly rates at some cottages ( know this now). Skip the Dunes. Sorry

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family