After booking this hotel through hotels.com, when I attempted to cancel the reservation with hotels.com less than 24 hours after making the reservation, I was advised by the hotels.com representative that the Hotel Management refused to cancel the reservation and thus I would have to pay a bill for a hotel room that will not be used. However, when I contacted the Hotel Manager (Jack) to discuss this, I was advised that Jack refused to cancel this reservation on a night when most hotels in Nantucket are sold out because hotels.com would not adjust a policy for them so they refused to allow hotels.com to cancel this reservation.
I travel approximately 150 nights per year throughout the US for business, am a former hotel Manager on Duty, and I have never experienced at any other hotel such a lack of willingness to work with a customer with this situation - particularly on a night when their management will resell the same room to a walk in for twice the rate that I have been charged.
If this is the type of experience received in the reservation handling process, I suspect that the rest of their staff will exhibit the same poor customer service to guests and will assure that my business network is aware that this is a property to stay far far away from.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family friendly hotel with full service restaurant and bar.We have live music every night.We are very much a working class family hotel with over 90% repeat customers in our 40th year of operation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Cape Cod Irish Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Cod Irish Village Hotel South Yarmouth
- Cape Cod Irish Village South Yarmouth, MA