“Easy and fun for young families”

Cape Cod Irish Village
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We just returned from our fourth stay at the Irish Village. Our children, 3 and 5, love this place.

Food is good, pool is fun, atmosphere is relaxed and the people are exceptionally friendly. We like the fact that the rooms have a divider one section for the kids (two twin beds, a TV and a kitchenette) and one for us (bed, pull-out couch and another TV). Using the meal plan, I don't think you can get a better deal in South Yarmouth. My husband and I had lobster one night and seafood specials the other (each meal included appetizer, bread, cheese and crackers, salad and dessert).

If you're looking for four-star dining and state-of-the-art rooms, you might be better served elsewhere. But, if you're looking for a friendly place, for both your wallet and your soul, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: We like the inside balcony rooms down the far end of the hotel. If you can, bring a fan to add a li...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed in the old Irish Village and also in the New one...I have never had a bad experience. We had many meals and never had a bad one, the food is good especially for a hotel with a meal plan. Most hotels give you a choice of one or two entree's at this place you can order off the menu. Also, they don't charge the kids to stay, they just charge for what they eat. I can't believe some of the reviews that people are writing, that just goes to say you can't please everyone. The ones that are writing about the outdated rooms and the nonsmoking rooms ....What are they expecting? This is a nice place and very reasonable, do the owner and everyone else a favor and stay home or go and pay $300 a night to have your high expectations met..because I do feel sorry for you...Your just plain Miserable and nothing would please you....This place is a family friendly Irish atmosphere...and if your not into Irish or even used to their culture then this place is not for you...Most Irish are relaxed fun loving people and very laid back, so if you are a stickler and pre-madonna....keep going and I hope you find what you are looking for...Just remember you get what you pay for.....I have two boys ages 8 and 2 and I highly recommend...this place.....And for the review that the food isn't very Irish .....well what did you expect when you ordered Pasta? Pasta is on the menu for the person who doesn't want Irish....hello

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at the Irish village with a group of friends. We all had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service even better. Live music every night was a true bonus, we danced the night away. We are definitely coming back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RobertM939
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The hotel is terrible. The rooms are extremely old, tired and need of a major overall. The rooms need light, the screen door didn't lock and on and on. The room and the hallways to the room were dirty. The front entry door was 1 inch too short around the door that allowed a the light to come into room. Fire code? I don't think so. Shower has black mold at the top of the shower stall.

The staff was nice but inexperienced. The bills for dinner were a major problem. You will receive two bills for the prepaid package, one for drinks and the for the food. Try to figure the tip! For parties of 6 more they should add the tips to the package price or add it to the bill! Period. Food not good!

Ask for management to assist -- they sent the inexperience staff to take care of the same problem -- so why ask for the manager. Managers couldn't be found to take care of the problems we encounter at dinner.

The outdoor pool was green, unattended and certainly not a place you would want to swim!
This was Memorial Day weekend and you think they would be ready for their guests.

Don't ask for a nonsmoking room, they will tell you it is nonsmoking. I called and asked to be moved and was told that someone but have smoke in my room that I was in a nonsmoking room.

The bottom line -- stay somewhere else for piece of mind and general health!

Room Tip: I don't there is a good room until this hotel unless you only want to be at the bar!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank MJP12
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We have visited the Irish Village several times. The food is always good and plentiful. They have the best Irish entertainment on the Cape. Some of the rooms are a little tired, but they are renovating several at a time.

Room Tip: The first floor on either side is very good. They are close to the entertainment and the pool. Wi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Arturo48
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel is just average at best. The rooms were outdated and although clean, it was just dingy. The bathrooms were very small as well.
The outdoor pool was nothing to write home about but the indoor pool is HUGE!!! It was a big hit with the kids.
I do think for the hotel, the rates are high for its offerings. I probably wouldn't go back but wouldn't say I would avoid it at all costs....I would just choose another hotel first.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Boston0312
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We took our two kids ages 9 and 11 to the Irish Village last summer for two nights on a package which included two breakfasts and one dinner and accommodations in a room with two queen beds and a separate sitting area with a pull-out couch. It was a good deal and we were excited to get away from the city and have some fun on the Cape.

I had heard from friends that they could hear the music from the entertainment in rooms closest to the lobby at night so we requested a room in the back. We arrived to find our room ready as promised at the back of the property on the second floor with a little balcony. We unpacked and then all went swimming in the large indoor pool and then in the outside pool which is in a little courtyard. Everything was great so far.

That night we were too tired to go out so we had pizza delivered and as we were getting ready for bed, we started to notice the smell of cigarette smoke filling the room coming from under the adjoining door of the room next door. I called the front desk to complain and they said there was nothing they could do -- that room was smoking and ours was non-smoking. I asked how could ADJOINING rooms have different smoking policies and they said that was the way it was. I said we could not stay in the room, the smoke was too much to take, and we needed to be moved. They said the hotel was full and there was nothing they could do. It was too late to uproot the kids and move to another hotel so we put wet towels all around the cracks in the door and went to bed, fuming and feeling ill, and listening to the blaring TV from the smoke-filled room next door.

The next morning we went down to complain and they that whoever told me the room next door was a smoking one was WRONG -- it was actually supposed to be non-smoking. There was no apology. They said that the people had checked out and that they would do extra sanitization on that room and ours to get rid of the smoke smell. There was still no other rooms available for us to move to and the kids liked the pool and we still had three meals left on our package so we decided to stay. I hoped they might offer us some compensation or reduced rate for the discomfort we endured and the mistake on their part but no, they wouldn't.

We enjoyed the meals and the pool and the entertainment for the rest of our trip, but that night, the headboard of one of the beds, which was NOT on the bed but attached to the wall, fell off as I was leaning against it reading!!! I called the desk and they sent a maintainance person up to hammer it back on. What poor quality!!!

I will NOT be going back to the Irish Village on my next visit to the Cape. Customer service is nonexistent and the place is poorly put together. Stay away!!!!

Room Tip: For a quieter night sleep, ask for the room in the back and MAKE SURE you do not get an adjoining ro...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth
SeaCoast Inn
SeaCoast Inn
#5 of 22 in Hyannis

Been to Cape Cod Irish Village? Share your experiences!