You don't know what to expect at this place. It seems its all in who you deal with at the resort and on the phone. First off when booking I tried to get a 1 night booking on a Saturday night in late September. I was trying to book 3 rooms to join guests who had booked 4 other rooms. I was adamently told by a young woman several times there was a 2 night minimum on weekends so I did not book the rooms. The person I spoke to was not customer friendly and left a bad taste in my mouth. I figured we would go meet the rest of our party on Saturday and find a place to stay when we got there as it was not high season and did not see a problem finding a room. A week before our weekend another family member called and had NO problem booking 3 rooms for 1 night and stated the older woman on the phone was very nice. Also found out when we got there that half of our group had to book 2 nights and half got the 1 night.
The other unknown is the condition of the rooms. Ours was one of the worst. The fridge was a piece of crap had trouble keeping it closed. No microwave and the bathroom was gross. We were able to see a variety of rooms as we had a large party there and if you book here you want to ask for a newer room for sure as there are big differences.
Lastly do not book here if you are having any kind of gathering with a group unless everyone goes to bed at 9 oclock. We were playing cards at 9 pm in the common area and told we needed to be quiet. There were no lights on outside in the evening so it was obvious they do not encourage any kind of activity in the evening. Makes for a pretty boring atmosphere.
In closing I have to mention the beach. Great views but when you get down there is is covered with loads of seaweed. The other resorts and the rest of the beach was good except for our spot. No rakes available to even clean an area for yourself. I will not stay here again but would certainly check out the Blue Water next store. More lively and much better upkeep. Hopefully this place will work on their customer service which is terrible at least to the women. The men in our group seemed to be treated much better by the young girl at the desk. Go figure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a secluded stretch of private beach directly on Nantucket Sound offering a vacation distinctly different from most Cape Cod resorts. Sit back and relax at your own pace, basking in the warm Cape Cod sun 'til your heart's content; or stroll along the shore gathering shells at sunset. Stake claim to one of the beach chairs on our extensive lawn or poolside while you catch up on your reading; or if the kids beckon, build castles in the sand or play a challenging game of shuffleboard... without ever moving from your home by the beach.We hope that you enjoy your stay with us. Whether your here for a family vacation, a family reunion or to celebrate the union of two in matrimony, we want to be of service.When the mood strikes, you're just minutes from the many popular activities which dot the landscape in the Mid-Cape area. From museums and history to antique and gift shops... miniature golf to whale watching, you'll set your own pace to enjoy the many activities for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Surf and Sand Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf And Sand Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surf And Sand Beach Motel Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA