“Clean, modern.”

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
New York City, New York
“Clean, modern.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Escape Inn over Labor day weekend. The rooms are updated with new floors, flat screen TVs, ACs. Rooms are very clean, bed linen are wonderful, smooth, white. I wish the bed was a bit less noisy when you turn but that didn't bother me much. We had a room with two queen beds at the end of the building, there were plenty of room, it was quiet. The breakfast was included in the price and was sufficient. I wish there was a little more variety from day to day and I wish they had regular plates and utensils as opposed to plastic ones but it was no biggie. There were bagels, toast, boiled eggs (cold), OJ, coffee, cubed melon and strawberries and two kinds of cereals. We had a teenager with us so this was very helpful to sustain him until lunch.
There is a pool on the property but unfortunately we didn't try it as the weather was bad all the time we were there. It looked pretty clean, had lounge chairs all around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had nothing against this hotel we were however expecting more with the 5 star reviews. I feel like it was a nice/average hotel but nothing about it said 5 star.

The room was nice and clean and we had enough room to set up our daughters pack and play.
We thought the continental breakfast was good, there was fresh fruit and enough other things to choose from.
I wasn't crazy over the location, directly on 28 is kind of loud and hectic, which I assume is why they supply ear plugs and sleeping masks. Luckily we didn't have to use either one.
Overall the hotel was ok.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Kjandb42
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I had a small family reunion here, and I booked five rooms for my family. Everyone was happy with this hotel. All the rooms were very clean and cute; the location was very convenient – with restaurants, beaches, and activities nearby – they had a pool, so while the kids were playing in the pool, the grown-ups were hanging out at their outdoor seating area. It’s a great place for family vacations. Michael and Holly were very helpful and knowledgeable with the area, they were able to give us recommendations for where to go for either a nice dinner or a quick lunch. Next time when I go to Cape Cod, I will definitely stay at the Escape Inn again.

Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I returned for a second stay this summer...i didn't think it could get netter, but it did!! Honestly, the cleanliness, friendliness, and comfort that Michael and Holly offer is outstanding!
The rooms are immaculate, really!
There's a great pool for relaxing after the beach or for a morning swim.
The central location is also a plus!
There really is no match on the Cape!

• Stayed August 2013
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is exactly the place I always thought the Cape should have. For many years, my family, friends (when we stayed together) and I have rented various rooms and cottages on the Cape, but this time I have finally found the place I will exclusively book going forward. Not only is it immaculately clean, but it's conveniently located, quiet, and pretty. It's a happy place, kept manicured and updated, with decorations that respect the seaside feel, yet in a modern and soothing style.

The owners, Michael and Holly, are very pleasant, accommodating, and always present.

The rooms have hardwood floors kept as clean as I keep mine at home. The rooms are supplied with plenty of soap and shampoo, make up removers and a black facial towel! Lots of towels are provided, including one especially meant for the pool, which is small but crisp and refreshing. The breakfast area is bright and adorable.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets are clearly washed with some bleach, which I personally truly appreciate.

Though The Escape Inn only includes a continental breakfast, we found it perfectly satisfactory. All we wanted was fruit, coffee, and some protein. They provided all that and more.

Thank you, Michael & Holly. We hope to see you again in the fall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler-In-Progress
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family took 2 rooms at this very nice motel. What a pleasant surprise when we arrived to find beautiful, bright, cheerful and nicely decorated rooms. Rooms were spotless as well as the grounds. Nice patio area to sit outside, all kept nicely landscaped. The pool area had green grass with nice flowers around the pool and the entire area was very clean. It made you feel like you were in your own backyard. It is obvious that these owners take pride in their hotel by its obvious cleanliness and charming decorations. We were pleasantly surprised that there was a continental breakfast available in the morning. Both owners (Mike and Holly) are there to say hello ... they truly want to get to know their guests! We will definitely be back next summer.

1 Thank Ajean77
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Escape Inn. It is conveniently located to the Cape's attractions. Michael and Holly are great host and very helpful with their local knowledge. They offered some great recommendations for dinner, beaches and sight seeing. The rooms are tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean. The breakfast each morning was great. I recommend it and would definitely return.

1 Thank Lowell P
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa
#4 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to The Escape Inn? Share your experiences!