“great atmosphere and solid italian fare” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gerardi's Cafe

Gerardi's Cafe
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Classic and creative Italian fare with unrivaled flavor.
“great atmosphere and solid italian fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

After so many years of hearing how this is the best italian restaurant on the cape it was time to head out for a meal. Word of advice, call ahead and request a booth. The restaurant is small and it gets busy. There really is no bar to sit at so its best to call ahead for reservations.
The menu had a lot of traditional italian items. We ordered a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Noir and the beef carpaccio for an appetizer. The presentation of the food was excellent, I would rate the taste as good. It was missing a little something so I dunked it in the olive oil the set out for the bread to give it a tad more flavor.
For dinner I ordered the shrimp scampi with homemade pasta. There is definitely a difference when you order the homemade pasta. I enjoyed my meal, but maybe I just like a little more flavor as I kept reaching for the salt and pepper.
My mate had the veal special which again the presentation was excellent. Hers came with homemade asparagus raviolis, I tried a bit and felt the same way it was good but missing that flavor that makes something so memorable you can't forget.
Overall a good experience and on the edge of a great one!! Will try again!

• Visited July 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“AMAZING hostess, service, food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

While on vacation, my dad and I tried Gerardi's on a whim, based on other great reviews. We didn't know we should have called for a reservation, but the hostess was incredible - she gets 6 stars. She was so accommodating and wanted to get us seated not just anywhere but in a fantastic booth. She was thinking of our comfort and moved things around so we could be seated in the best possible place, without us even asking. We were so impressed with her professionalism, and then we were met with an incredible server, Pam, who took great care of us and made us laugh. And last but not least, the FOOD. Quality from start to finish. We won't forget it! Thank you.

Visited June 2013
Warwick, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious from beginning to end”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This is our first time at Girardi's but it won't be our last. We started with a cucumber martini which was refreshing and chilled perfectly. Next we tried the crab cakes, delicious and had a crispy potato crust around them. I chose the haddock Milanese and was pleasantly surprised by the delicate flavors of sun dried tomato coating. Very nice. My husband had the chicken piccata which was also very good. Finally we ended our meal with homemade ricotta pie which rivaled my mother in laws, not an easy feat! Excellent service and atmosphere. A gem of the cape!

• Visited June 2013
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Don't drive by this place!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

By far one of the best restaurants on Cape Cod and I am a born and raised Native! The prices may be in the "special occasion" range BUT the portions and quality of food combined with the authentic atmosphere and welcoming faces, are outstanding!

I highly recommend this restaurant to the locals as well as the tourists!

The chef is happy to work with any dietary restrictions one may have and if he has the ingredients on hand but a dish you want is not on the menu he will still make it for you!

I advise planning ahead, and they do accept reservations! They also have take out available and a full bar and extensive wine list. Plan on a leisurely and relaxing dinner - this isn't a quick stop kind of place.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kristen G
Raleigh, North Carolina
“The entree was good but the salad was a revelaation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Gerardi's is a comfortable, cozy restaurant with an interesting Italian menu. My partner ordered lasagna (not as adventurous as many of the choices) but it was quite good with homemade, well balanced sauce. But I ordered a salad in lieu of entree and it was incredible and a combination I wish I had thought of. It was sliced rounds of beets, oven-roasted and just a touch sweet, topped with a mushroom ragout, small dollops of creamy mild goat cheese, chopped bits of green onion, halved grape tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic. The combination of flavors knocked our socks off. Service was excellent.

• Visited May 2013