“No idea why we've never been there”

Olympia Fish House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The Olympia is right around the corner for us in Bass River. I've driven by a zillion times but for some reason have never gone in. No idea why. Discussed it with my wife and agreed that we'd probably like it.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

they are always friendly the place is always clean and the food is superb Best Hidden Jewel Get there before 6pm for the specials that are the greatest on Cape cod

1  Thank Danette K
Reviewed June 21, 2017

tasty early bird specials;excellent sides and decent entrees. $12.99 till 6 pm. lobster dinner is good most times

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

In all of our 20+ years of visiting the Yarmouth area today was our first, and last, visit to this restaurant. I have no idea why, but I was expecting a more upscale decor and atmosphere. This is definitely not the place if you are looking for fine dining. As we like to search out new places, we decided to give the Olympia a try for Sunday breakfast. Although the prices are reasonable ($6.99 for an omelette with 3 fillings), it ends there. My husband and I both ordered different omelettes. Mine arrived 10 minutes before his. When brought to the table the person asked, "Is this yours?". Now, if you have ever ordered an omlette, you know it is impossible to tell what is inside until you cut into it, so how was I supposed to know it was what I ordered. My husband's omlette finally arrived and the same question was asked. Except, when he cut into it he discovered it was not what he ordered. They did redo the order but by the time it arrived I was almost done eating. When the check arrived, that too was wrong. When brought to the waiter's attention he indicated it was for the booth behind us. Considering all the mishaps I expected my husband would not have been charged for his meal, but not the case. And, now for my biggest pet peave with restaurant's, the repeated cleaning of tables with the same cloth (without rinsing). Think of the bacteria growing on that cloth! Think twice before going here.

1  Thank Grammie321
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I went for breakfast and really enjoyed ourselves. It's a great place for comfort food and there are no hidden surprises for picky eaters. You get exactly what you order. The menu is only two sides but my friends and I were very satisfied with the options. Highly recommend this place for families and a place to hang out with friends.