“Good food &service”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Good food &service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times, with my wife. This time we went with our two grand daugthers (12 & 13). We went to dinner the first time. My wife had the lobster special. I had the seafood platter, & the children had (2 pork chops), and a (10 oz. steak). Every one enjoyed their meals so much we returned for breakfast. This is not an esquisite restaurant, with all the fancy fixings, but it does have good food, and doesn't cost you your whole wallet. We went for breakfast on our last day @ the Cape, @ the same place, & in talking to the waiter I was told that the family was in business for 43 yrs. If you are looking for good food, @ a fair price this is your place.

2 Thank brgeor

Umatilla, Florida
“Has potential but needs some serious service improvements”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Went here for breakfast on a weekday. Do not go here if you are not prepared to wait a really long time. We waited to place our order and waited even longer for the food. Ordered an omelet with broccoli but they were out of broccoli. It was 45 minutes from the time we sat down to when our breakfast was served. Other than who appeared to be the owner coming around occasionally to refill coffee cups, the service was non-existent. Our waiter just totally ignored us, never came by to explain the wait or ask how our food way once we finally did get it. The same guy who had been refilling the coffee finally brought out our food - one plate at a time. The first one was pancakes, and I asked if they were the banana pancakes. He put the plate down and said, "I don't know" and walked away. How rude! It's too bad because it is a cute place in a convenient location, and you can't beat the prices, but with service like this it's a wonder they stay in business or get any repeat customers. I will say that the banana pancakes were very good, which is fortunate because I would have been really mad otherwise considering how long I waited for them. If it weren't for the prices and pancakes, this would have been a one star. Also, they don't accept debit or credit cards which is really inconvenient.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank locolizard
SoCal
“Best lobster value around!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Every year we visit the Cape, and every year we visit Olympia for lobster. Three of us had the twin lobster special, and had all of them baked and stuffed with the crab/breadcrumb stuffing. the dinners came with a potato, rolls and salad. Six lobsters plus a glass of wine, tax and tip (at 20%) came to right about $100.00! Note that I think the special was the early bird, so better be seated by 6:00 p.m.

The lobster was delicious! The decor is ok, kind of old. The staff is friendly, our waiter had a hard time understanding and speaking English - but we got our point across.

Half a dozen baked stuffed lobsters for under a $100 -not too shabby! We'll be back again next year.

2 Thank katstos
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Good lobster & seafood”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Just tried Olympia Fish House and was very pleased with our choice. My husband had the twin lobster special which was 2 1-1/4 lb. lobsters, salad, and baked potato. I had the fried scallops. The food was fresh and well prepared. Service was excellent. The prices were very reasonable for the Cape during season. All in all, if you're looking for seafood, especially lobsters, this small restaurant should be on your list.

1 Thank Sophie726
Orlando, Florida
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just a great Breakfast, and the price is right. Will be stopping again. Owners are very nice, and make you feel welcome. The service was excellent, as was our meals. Should make this restaurant a stop on your vacation.

• Visited November 2012