“Early breakfast on the cape before catching ferry”
Review of Pancake Man

Pancake Man
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Early breakfast on the cape before catching ferry”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was my first trip to the Pancake Man and probably the last. My husband had the strawberry pancakes with the strawberries on the side. They looked like mushy sugary strawberries that were definitely not fresh. I had the silver dollar pancakes and they were not hot and barely warm and the butter did not melt. The syrup was not hot and the waitress was nice but had to many tables to get excellent service. Bacon was OK but only 3 pieces in one order. Expensive for what you got.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food good, service not so much...”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

the first time we went we were acknowledged right away, the waitress was bubbly, she took our order and the order was delivered within a reasonable time. Bottomless coffee was offered during meal. The second time we went you could barely hear the waitress, it took her awhile to come to take our order, she was busy...she had 3 other tables! We received our meal after waiting for what it seemed, an eternity and that bottomless coffee was not offered during the meal and when I asked another waitress going around from table to table, she seemed disturbed that I asked for more coffee. After saying thank you 3x she didn't respond. You could see that we were done, but our waitress couldn't. Those 3 other tables you know.
P.S. asked for a highchair, thank goodness I bring all g a highchair cover. Don't they wipe those things down after each child? NO! Gross :p

Fall River, Massachusetts
“Annual "Last Day" Breakfast”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my 4th trip to the Cape with my 3 grandsons. Take them every August before school starts. We always have our "last day breakfast" at The Pancake Man. Very busy but the place is very big. We didn't have to wait too long for a table this year, but expect to wait sometimes up to 20-25 minutes but it is worth it. Great food and reasonable price for the Cape. Beware! if you order pancakes, they are huge!!! so bring your appetite, The portions of breakfast choices are large, and they have "fresh squeezed" orange juice. TIP, buy it by the carafe , it will come out cheaper than by the glass. Very friendly hostess, waitress and waiters and many menu choices, even for children. My grandchildren love going there, nice tradition has been started and hopefully someday they will continue the tradition with their children.

Wicklow
“Dirty, dated & run down”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visted on recommendation with my husband & 3 kids. Overall the food was ok, edible at least. However the premises itself leaves at lot to be desired.

It is a dirty, dated & run down establishment. My husband would not let our 3 yr old use the men's toilet it was that dirty. The ladies was not much better. No baby changing facilities. I cannot imagine if the place was examined by a health & safety officer that it would pass! There are low tables with boiling hot coffee pots on then everywhere! The waitress serves coffee right over my 8 mth olds head!!!!

Overall I would not recommend, the place was busy but clearly no money is being invested back into the business.

Ludlow, Massachusetts
“Good food...”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It is a nice place to grab a breakfast, it is always crazy busy, and the staff can get a little overwhelmed. The food is good, but a little expensive. Well worth the time to find it, but not if the line is out the door.

Visited August 2013