“A+ Service & Food w/Fireplaced Tavern Dining -You Have To Try It For Lunch!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverway Lobster House

Riverway Lobster House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wellfleet, Massachusetts
“A+ Service & Food w/Fireplaced Tavern Dining -You Have To Try It For Lunch!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was our 2nd time trying out their lunch specials (that aren't advertised on the online menu but are on the in-house menu at the bottom). If you don't know about them - please take time to check them out because they are THE BEST luncheon plate deals on the Cape. The selection offers a perfect blend of seafood and other selections (meatloaf!) at a great price and good portions.

The tavern hosts the lunch crowd (they have a huge elegant dining room that I have never been in) and it comes complete with a wonderful fireplace, booths, bar, and tables. The seating is such that private conversations can be private and there is room to be comfortable.

The wait staff is warm, friendly and very good at perfectly pacing their presence! In fact, the person who waited on me this time was so sweet I thought she was the same very kind waitress that waited on me for my first visit over 2 years ago and remained in my memory because of her excellent service (she wasn't)!

One of us had the baked stuffed sole and the other had steak tips. Both were mouthwatering - cooked and seasoned to perfection, The french fries that came with the meal were those tasty ones with the crispy outside coating (delish!) and everything else was great. A special surprise treat is that this is one of the few places that still serves bread with the meal!

I doubt that you will be disappointed if you try it...But, while this visit was A+, I will admit that the previous visit's food was more of a B+. So there may be some small consistency issues, but nothing that would stop me from going back!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Hyannis MA
“Disappointing Lobster”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been to Riverway once or twice, but not recently and not for lobster. I remembered it as being pretty nice, so when my friend and I had a lobster craving and our usual place was closed, as was the restaurant across the street from Riverway which is okay, we decided to go there. What a disappointment! The lobster was obviously reheated and had a weird consistency and taste. The margarine was unsalted and horrible. The waitress, although friendly, never asked us how it was. I decided to just eat it, but I will never order lobster there ever again, nor will I break a leg going there, because besides that, the restroom had only freezing water, so I was grossed out because that meant the staff's hands were probably dirty, I toyed with the idea of not eating there at all, but I wanted my lobster so I stayed. We are very sorry we did.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New Bern, North Carolina
“Great "chowda"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had the chowda and oysters on the half shell for Sunday brunch. Wife had Lobster Egg Oscar, all great. Clean, good service, great food, especially in the "off season"

Visited November 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Six of us stopped in for dinner on a Saturday evening. The staff was very accommodating even on a busy night, and set up a table for us within a few minutes. The atmosphere is good, with a fireplace in our dining room. The wine choices were good. I ordered the salmon with capers, mixed vegetables, and baked potato. Everything was prepared perfectly; the salmon was nicely done, not overcooked, the mixed vegetables were fresh, and included broccoli and summer squash, and were nicely done. Others at the table had the swordfish, which was one of the specials, and said that it was very good. The service was fine, but a little inexperienced, perhaps, as the server couldn't tell the difference between swordfish and salmon as she delivered our meals. There was some rowdiness at the bar, but according to a local friend, that was unusual.

• Visited November 2013
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“So-so dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Restaurant has an ambitious menu, and some items were hit, some miss. Bit rushed with what looked to be a function taking place.

Visited October 2013