“So-so dinner”

Riverway Lobster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“So-so dinner”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Restaurant has an ambitious menu, and some items were hit, some miss. Bit rushed with what looked to be a function taking place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DJF1955

Elizabethtown, New York, United States
“Great Meal”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Riverway has been on the Cape for many years. While I lived there I only went a few times.So when I recently visited the owner at The Club, where we stayed suggested it. We were a large party with children. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I had a delicious salad that I would definately order again. Everyone else had various items which they all enjoyed. My sister especially enjoyed the appletini! I will go back when I visit again in the spring.

Seacoast NH
“Below Par”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ages ago this was my parents' favorite restaurant. It has been remodeled and reinvigorated so we gave it a try for lunch. Lunch was not good. Limp salad. My turkey club could not compare with the many other decent Yarmouth restaurants' offerings. Tons of fries. Not that warm. My wife's lobster salad was bland. OK at best. There are many other vastly better places for lunch in and around Yarmouth.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“A good fun pub”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went here three times, the food was always good and the staff really friendly. It was always busy so all the locals like it too!

Visited October 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Delicious with great service”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Thankfully we had a reservation for dinner as it was Columbus Day weekend and very busy We often call ahead to restaurants anyway since my husband is paraplegic and in a wheelchair. The food was yummy! We had calamari to start- eagerly gobbled up by our 11 year old. My mother-in-law and I both ordered the lobster newburg with toast points. The latter was could definitely have used more toasting. My daughter ordered the scrod off the kids' menu along with mashed potatoes and butternut squash, and it was a good sized portion. She loved the fish and potatoes, wasn't so keen on the squash, but chose it instead of the brussel sprouts which was the other veg option. The disappointing element of dinner was my husband's shrimp scampi. It had a lot of liquid in the dish, which turned out to be white wine that hadn't been reduced and cooked off. The 'raw' wine flavour was jarring. Not sure whether that was how the chef intended the dish to be, or if it was an off day. On a nicer note, there was live piano music lilting in the background. Definitely a place to visit in Cape Cod.