“I love this place, but kind of inconsistent.”
Review of Hearth 'n Kettle

Hearth 'n Kettle
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dennis, Massachusettes
“I love this place, but kind of inconsistent.”
Reviewed September 21, 2007

This is a good place if you want to to just have a quiet dinner and get away for an hour or so. I usually order a garden salad to start. It is pretty fresh, and the dressing selection is okay. I enjoy the cape cod Reuben, which has fresh haddock, swiss cheese and cole slaw with thousand island dressing on warm grilled marble bread. At times the fries come out of the kitchen a little too salty or worse cold. But not often does this happen. The baked fish is also enjoyable with a delicious cracker topping. The side of veggies is really tasty and piping hot all the time. The kid's burgers are nice and thin like I like it and come on a warm grilled bun. And I can't forget the seafood cakes. They are so good and tasty, hot and succulent inside and browned on the coating. The breakfast has been good, great and disappointing. The apple walnut pancakes were not good at all. The apples probably came out of a can, and the pancakes were limp and tasteless. The Sweet potato apple pancake is outstanding. It is individually served, a thick pancake. It has a great cinnamon and sweet potato flavor. But it is only served as a special or seasonally. The seafood cakes can come with an egg and cheese on top or the same but with scones. Now, I have only discovered all this over the course of about four years. It's always been a different experience.

1 Thank littlerunner13

Columbus, OH
“nothing special, blah food, poor service”
Reviewed August 10, 2007

Food was blah and bland. Our group had
Meatball in bread bowl
Chcken pot pie
chicken salad
spinach, bacon, blue cheese salad.

Except for the spinach, bacon, blue cheese salad everything else was blan, boring, and substandard Peas were still frozen in the pot pie, but waitress never came back to check on us. Service was slow to non-existent. I would not recommend eating here and don't plan on ever going to any of this chain again.

1 Thank trncols
Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not that great”
Reviewed August 1, 2007

We decided to give this place a try when we first got to Yarmouth and I thought that the menu looked pretty decent from outside. However, I think we got the worst seats in the place (right by the fireplace where they send people to wait). The entire meal was average. I was with two others. We started out with the shrimp and garlic dish which was actually quite good. Then, the other two ordered some wraps which they thought were just average. I choose to get a helping of the meatloaf and mash. The meatloaf was too thinly sliced and tasteless. The potatos were advertised as yukon gold but I couldn't get rid of the feeling of them actually being from the box.

An OK place if you're looking for OK food that you can get at any other chain. I will not be going back

1 Thank MAtrav80
New England
“Consistently Good Everything”
Reviewed May 14, 2007

My wife and I stopped at Hearth & Kettle as we arrived on Cape Cod for a weekend getaway May 4-6. We arrived late and saw the lights on at their South Yarmouth Restaurant . Reading the menu outside, it appeared they were getting ready to close. We got back in our car and saw another couple walk in, so we followed and were graciously greeted. We ordered dinner and drinks and the food was great and beverages fantastic. The service was excellent and the place was clean. This was our first visit to this Hearth & Kettle, however, we have had dinner before at the one in Hyannis, MA. They didn't roll their eyes or become discourteous because we arrived at closing. Instead, they treated us as valued customers.
I can only say that the success of Hearth & Kettle is because they are consistently consistent. Food, Waitstaff and cleanliness always remain the same. While many places come and go on Cape Cod, Hearth & Kettle has a proven track record of success because of it's hard work to maintain a good reputation.
You will never go wrong having dinner at any of their Restaurants.

1 Thank CapeCod314
New England
“Delicious food, friendly staff!”
Reviewed May 6, 2007

On our last weekend away at the Cape, we were driving around looking for a likely place to stop for lunch and stumbled on the Hearth 'N' Kettle. Its a charming place with a diverse menu, good food, and a very friendly staff. As a New England resident and "chowder-head", I was very happy with their "kettles" of clam chowder, which I highly reccomend as a starter for any of their delicious meals.

2 Thank czarina_ivana