“Great food and service with a smile.”

Skipper Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Skipper Restaurant & Chowder House is a seasonal restaurant open from mid April to mid October. We serve the finest seafood with the best view since 1936. Winner of the Newport, Boston and Cape Cod chowder festivals.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

May 16, pretty much still off season, we went to The Skipper and had a fabulous dinner. My husband ordered the fresh Cod and I ordered the chicken special. Both meals were hot and delicious. I hope they have the chicken rolled in panko crumbs with lobster and white sauce on the menu again soon. Service friendly, fast and with a smile. We can't wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We asked at our hotel where we could find a good lobster and were told Skipper's, just down the block. What a treat! I had my first whole lobster and the waitress was kind enough to make a big deal out of it. She showed me how to get into it (I did not have a clue). She was so nice!! My husband said he had the best shrimp ever. Ever. What a pleasant place to relax and eat. We have NO complaints. May 17, 2014

1  Thank thumper1997
Reviewed May 21, 2014

not worth to comment , any words will not do any good to the average tourist, did not liked the food in general ,and the anbiance did not inpress any of us [4]

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Wow what a find. We went there for lunch on 5-18 and were treated like royalty.
The six of us had everything from fried clam chowder, yes fried clam chowder to burgers.
Our waiter didn't miss a beat bringing our drinks, soup, & meals.
Please do yourself a favor and stop by.

1  Thank dianematt
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Skipper's is the place for good food and great service when we get to the Cape and want to relax. Love the lobster roll, the scallop dish with bacon, and the yellowfin tuna. Thai salad is served with the freshest greens and vegetables with a dressing that is so yummy. There's nothing like sitting on the deck and looking at the ocean with a cold drink and local oysters. Whether we are at the bar or at a table, the staff is friendly and fast. They always go out of their way to make us welcome. This must be why they have many longtime customers who come back again and again. We have even left notes to people who rent our house to tell them about Skipper's.

1  Thank Susan4Montenia