“Okay if you like Sea food”

Skipper Chowder House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Skipper Restaurant & Chowder House is a seasonal restaurant open from mid April to mid October. We serve the finest seafood with the best view since 1936. Winner of the Newport, Boston and Cape Cod chowder festivals.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I am not a Sea F lover. I like land choices, we ate here 3 times and each time my food was terrible. Last meal I had pan seared chicken, I would have preferred McDonalds (not that I eat there). The food tasted like a microwaved chicken patty. The winter squash did not taste good and I was very disappointed. I ate my husbands corns when the waitress came she took my full meal away and I did not complain so my fault as much as any ones. I won't go back. No need to sit up on the deck as you can't see out anyway. My husband this time for the first time also had a bad $28 meal. He had backed stuffed lobster, it was very small and very over cooked which was noticeable , without even trying it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

For the locals this is always a good place to go. We liked it so much that we had lunch here twice in three days. The clam chowder was thick and delicious, the fried clams were fresh, not over breaded and cooked perfectly, while the lobster rolls were home runs too.

The service is attentive and friendly. Be sure to sit upstairs to enjoy the beach view.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We planned a nice dinner on the cape with family visiting from California. In short, the waitress was snotty and rude, we called the manager over and she seemed to defend her waitress and justified her behavior. The manager did switch our waitress, who ended up being excellent. But was kind of too late....Left a bad taste with all of us how the whole situation was handled. If the food had been outstanding we would go back, but there are too many other restaurants that have outstanding service with great food.

1  Thank gmcmcd
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went on a Saturday evening and had heard that the chowder was "award winning" but there are so many claims out there we had to try it and see - and we were not disappointed, it was indeed the best! Real thick and loaded with clams! Service was excellent, good water view, and all food (we had seafood dinners) was very good. Littleneck clams on half shell were superb - very fresh and kept ice cold! Highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank John P
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a wonderful meal here - view of the water too! My favorite was the scallops wrapped in bacon! HUGE lobster roll, good filet mignon. It was great to do dinner here and be a minute walk to the beach too.