“Extremely slow kitchen but excellent food”

Four Seasons Trattoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Extremely slow kitchen but excellent food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Six of us had dinner here for the first time. We are nearby residents and frequent many local restaurants. This is a difficult review to write because the food was very good to excellent. We had a variety of entrees, all were great. The caesars salad had no flavor and a big disappointment, but other salads were good. However, the kitchen is so slow that it detracted from the enjoyment of the evening. For this reason, I don't recommend this restaurant unless you are prepared to wait nearly an hour to be served after ordering. This was during a mid week, non tourist season evening.

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
“Wonderful "Hidden Gem" of an Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

There haven't been too many good Italian restaurants to choose from on the Cape over the years. I'm happy to say this restaurant in a converted Friendly's fills the bill nicely. Don't let the white linen tablecloths and cloth napkins fool you. I would feel comfortable wearing jeans here (but not grubby). Service is impeccable. The staff are friendly and have a real customer service attitude. You feel like a welcomed guest rather than someone filling a seat. Even our bus boy was personable and poised beyond his years.
Now the food... we started with some lovely Chianti and country bread with olive oil/ marinated zucchini which came with the meal. Butter was also served as an option, but who needs that with the scrumptious oil available? My friend had a Caesar salad and I had insalata mista (garden salad). Both were ample portions and lightly, flavorfully dressed. I chose the veal marsala for my entree. I use this dish as my litmus test for Italian restaurants, as so few do it well. This was excellent. I cleaned my plate. I was offered a choice of pasta side or veggies. I got a mix of carrots, broccoli and potato that were cooked to al dente - just the way I like. My friend had frutti de mare - a very large portion of linguine with all kinds of seafood - mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp, calamari... I tried a scallop - delish.
No room for dessert. We were served complimentary limoncello, chilled to perfection. Prices were reasonable - a very good value for the quality and service. We will be back!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank CapeCodDiva
Cape Cod, MA
“Excellent all around!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful dinner here last Friday evening! Everything was superb: a warm welcome, friendly, knowledgeable staff, delicious food and drink, and a relaxed, inviting atmosphere. There is a nice bar area, and comfortable, well-spaced tables. Excellent bread and olive oil, a great selection of dishes (so hard to choose! the minestrone soup and orechiette baressi (orechiette pasta with broccoli rabe, Italian sausage, garlic, and olive oil) were fabulous), and a very good wine list. We will definitely be back again soon!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Janet L
Massachusetts
“Exceptional Italian/Mediterranean food in the Mid Cape area”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Four Seasons Trattoria has been open less than a year and is already gaining high praise from locals. The four brothers who own and run this restaurant come from a restauranteur family-their father ran a place in NYC. Located right on route 28, close to the South Yarmouth Post office, this cozy, quiet place is a real find. Offering a traditional Italian menu with antipasto, salads, pasta, main dishes, and desserts, there are plenty of regular choices, like veal Marsala (tender and flavorful), and daily specials like grilled boneless Mediterranean Sea bass with lemon herb wine sauce (piping hot, succulent, fresh fish delight). The calamari was perfectly fried- hot & tender, and the red sauce delightfully spicy and fresh. Desserts are fresh baked and sinful. Smooth, strong coffee and cappuccino. Interesting, mainly Italian, wine list and full bar. Service was excellent, and, you are greeted by one of the owners, who also personally publicly debones your fish. We have not been so pleasantly surprised by a new restaurant in many years! This will become one of our regular places. Highly recommended.

4 Thank docbruce
Barnstable, Massachusetts
“Great food, great service! Go see Luigi!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I discovered Four Seasons Trattoria a few months ago and all I want to do is go back. my boyfriend and I enjoy sitting at the bar for dinner. The service is excellent. The owners are friendly. All the dishes are made to order and they are very accommodating to my picky-taste. They will doctor up any dish with my requests - just as I like it. We sat in the dining room for my birthday dinner just last week and there were 6 of us. Again - even with a larger group, the service was great and the food excellent! They serve lemoncello at the end of the meal which is delicious! I highly recommend!!!!!

• Visited February 2013