“A bit hairy”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Masachusetts
“A bit hairy”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Upon entering the room I went to the closet to put a few things away and
the light bulb was burnt out . Next I went into the bathroom , in the
toilet bowl was quite a large amount of hair . Now either an employee
had used that room for his/her convenience or the room had not been
cleaned sufficiently after the last guest . I made a quick call from a
local payphone earlier in the day and told my family where I was to be
staying that night . Upon arriving home I was informed by my family that
they attempmted to call but were not allowed to speak with me unless it
was an emergency . I found this to be appalling . I for one will never
stay at this motel again

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank boston2006_10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Johnston, RI
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I have stayed here several times over the last few years and was always welcomed and treated like family by former owners Chris and Jasmine, but now the torch has been passed to Steve, the new owner and manager. My first stay under the new ownership was a great experience. Steve and his staff are always happy to help make your stay an enjoyable one. The hotel still retains its classic setting and the rooms have traditional decor which make you feel like you are staying in the room of a cozy vacation house. The rooms have excellent working air conditioning which can cool your room quickly on a hot day, plus basic cable TV at the time of my stay, but Steve had informed me that the cable TV service would soon be upgraded. Rooms also include a large size desk and chair, a table and lamp with two additional chairs, closet, and bathroom with full size shower. Steve also mentioned that renovations were planned for the hotel in the near future, but it would keep its traditional charm which seperates Beach 'N Towne from many generic hotels where you look at your room and the surroundings and you are constantly reminded that you are staying in a hotel. Check in and check out times are also generous. Coffee is available mornings in the lobby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Vaiden, Mississippi
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I don't know where some of these reviewers stayed, but it could not have possibly been this place. It is under new management, but they have had the place for 2 months. That is certainly long enough to check out the bedding. When we first got there the place smelled and the carpet was filthy, but we thought we would stick it out. We went to bed and my husband fell asleep while I read. A few minutes after he fell asleep I looked over at him and he had bed bugs all over him. Needless to say, we left along with 10 of our friends. Fortunately we had no trouble getting our money back. Management says they are planning to remodel. Well, until they do, avoid this place. This is the first time I have been let down by the reviews on this web site and I am very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Parker Holly
boston,MA
Reviewed August 23, 2009

I really liked this little motel:) I do have to say that the teenagers were a bit upset when we pulled up and saw the place, they are used to the Disney Resorts & The W 5th Ave, NYC. But, after we got settled in, they were into our retro digs.The motel is super close to the Cape beaches, tons of yummy eating choices, and shopping are all right outside the door. The ice cream shop, 2 doors down... so good! The motel brought me back to my childhood trips down the Cape with my mom, dad & sisters...think late 70's vibe. Our snobby teens loved the ping pong table & on the way home my daughter told me she had not texted, facebooked or called any of her friends during our stay-awwww, it even brought my techno age child back to a simpler time;) For a really cheap weekend getaway- Go, have fun & spend your extra $$$$ on the food & fun the Cape has to offer!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Albany, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2008

We couldn't make our yearly trip to the Cape last year, and missed our friends Jasmine and Chris, the very capable owners of this lovely spot. We were wondering what surprizes we'd find, as they are always improving the Motel to make it even beter. We arrived on a Friday for the weekend on 11/07/08. and of course our room was ready and waiting. Chris told us of the new tile work he had just completed in the shower [ showers are the size of most peoples walk in closets here ! ] The room was spotless.....one of two suits with a Queen size bed...lots of room...frig.....pull out sofa.....desk.....easy chair.....table.......good size TV......and that big spotless Bathroom. Chris had done a great job on the new tile...it was beautifull.
This Motel is the Flagship of all others if you really want to get away from all the hussel and bussel and go to the Cape the way it's supposed to be seen. Vintage...yes, hence the charm. Spotlessly clean.....wonderfull host.....amazing rates......activaties for the kids.......clubhouse with fireplace......great outdoor pool......I could go on and on. Just be sure to leave me enough room so I can still come over and see my good friends Jsmine and Chris. They'll soon be your friends too.

• Liked — Cozy...and friendly
  • Disliked — found nothing wrong
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
mass
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had a wonderful 3 night stay at the Beach N Towne. It was a charming, completely clean place.
Our children 15yr old and 3 yr old especially loved the game room. It kept them busy and happy in the evenings and on rainy days, which unfortunately for us were 2 out of 3!
I was extremely impressed with how helpful everyone was!

• Liked — clean, games etc. for kids helpful staff
  • Disliked — pool not heated, our weather was chilly
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
New Britain, CT
Reviewed August 12, 2008

This was my second time back. I went last year as well. I love it. Very cozy, right on a main strip, but quite. Everything you may want or need is minutes away beaches, restaurants, activities, etc. It's quite and low key. They have a great swimming pool and activity room, playscape area and if you want you can even grill outdoors as they have grills and picnic tables as well as an outdoor fireplace. The rooms are comfy and have a refrigerator and microwave.

Kid friendly as well. My daughter and nieces preferred to stay at the motel pool then go to the beach. The pool area has beautiful outdoor furniture and stuff the kids will enjoy playing with in the pool.

I will be back!!!

#1 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Beach N Towne Motel? Share your experiences!