My wife and I met up with my brother and his family, along with some additional friends, to spend New Year's Eve and a few days before and after. Check in was easy and friendly. The room was fairly small, but adequately arranged to make maximal use of the space. Our fireplace, an electric one, worked -- however, every now and then, for no apparent reason, the lights in one section of the room would go out. I learned that I could go down the hall and reset the circuit breakers for my room, which I had to do multiple times. Didn't make me feel too comfortable about the wiring.
It rained heavily the day we got there, and water coursed into the room from the front wall, which apparently had a leak. We dried it up with a few towels; the staff offered to give us another room, but the rain had in the meantime changed to snow, so we demurred.
The location is excellent: right on the beach. The pool is likewise excellent, and somewhat larger than we usually see. This would be a great place to stay in the summer. In the winter, a short walk through an unheated plexiglass tunnel, about 25 feet long, is a cold one from the pool to the exercise room.
There is no restaurant.
Hallways are quite narrow, reminding one of a sleeper car on Amtrak.
My biggest complaint is the bedding. Sheets were cheap, and the pillows were terribly uncomfortable: foam rubber, and quite stiff. Bring your own pillows.
There is no kitchenette as such, but there is a very small sink (exactly one foot long, five inches across, and ten inches deep.) There is a coffee maker, a microwave, and a mini-refrigerator. At the beach end of the first floor there's a family room, with an adjacent kitchen for cooking. It must be shared, so don't expect to have it always available.
The hotel is perpendicular to the beach, so no rooms have an ocean vista.
Overall it is a decent place to stay, minus the electrical and bedding issues.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Club On Smugglers` Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ocean Club Smugglers Beach
- Ocean Club On Smuggler Beach
- Smugglers Beach
- Ocean Club On Smugglers' Beach Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA