“Breakfast Maven”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Loved the place from the second we walked in the door. We were greeted in a friendly way, seated immediately, had our order placed and served to us with a smile within 10 minutes. Jovial, fun environment. My eggs were cooked to perfection, no fast cooked brown burnt scrambled eggs here. The homefries were served separately in a small bowl to not interfere with your other food. They were delicious and no greasy taste. My husband's omelet was also cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Wow... #2 Restaurant in South Yarmouth, huh? How hard is it to serve a decent lunch? We pulled in, starving, after a long drive. Extremely limited menu, so you expect the few items on the menu to be good... Terrible. We ordered two chicken salad sandwiches. What arrived was a big, thick roll, with about a tablespoon of chicken salad spread microscopically-thin. It was a bread sandwich. My boyfriend was so upset i had to calm him down. He still regrets that we sisnt get up nd walk out. We realize it's ridiculous to get so upset over a sandwich, but this was an embarassmenr! Combine this with the little bag of Lays chips they give you, and you get the idea. No fries here... Just easy-to-churn-out cheap food. Do some of these restaurants in vacation areas just serve poor food on unsuspecting tourists to get by? Retro decor was kitschy and cute, but the limited menu - not resembling a diner's menu by any means - was just another Cape Cod ripoff. Oh how well a real diner could do in this area! Basic good food at a decent price is seriously lacking here!!

2  Thank milkmaid24
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Very reasonable prices - family owned - extremely friendly. Enjoy!!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

First let me say my wife and I are very well traveled and know good food and are pretty picky. So on this Saturday we were so happy we found this place. My wife and I stopped in for a quick bite after drving by It far exceeded our expectations. The 1950's decor was cute and the place was very clean and well kept. The owner greeted us and was so pleasant and welcoming. The menu is simple but a nice mix of basic breakfast and lunch items. Nothing super fancy. Just great diner food. My wife's Mac n cheese was as good as a top restaurant in Boston. Cheesy on top with fresh chunks of ham and properly baked to perfection. My breakfast sandwich with linguica blew away anything that over populated donut chain could ever dish out. The prices were so good we thought it was a mistake. Its an outstanding value. So we left a big tip. Well be back and make this our new quick bite diner down the cape from now on.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is a small, apparently family run business with a great diner atmosphere