“Paradise”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Paradise”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is paradise for celiacs. Eating out is a pleasure here. I don't know which is more exciting, to be able to choose from the whole menu or choosing an interesting new food. From breakfast items to lunch, the choices are plentiful. Everything has been delicious. Our freezer is full of a sweet called ouygui?? It is delicious. Don't ignore this restaurant if you aren't celiac. You would be missing a great food experience.

1 Thank Laurie M

Hernando, Florida
“Good Food - No Ambience”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Idgy's specializes in gluten-free food and cooking. Since I have celiac disease and my husband does not suffer from gluten intolerance, I'm always happy to find a place I can eat without fear of getting sick and he feels he's eating "normal" food. Idgy's fills that niche remarkably well.

I had a pizza on a GF crust that was so good, I bought extras to take home for the freezer. He had chicken marsala, made as requested sans mushrooms and served over pasta. Both dishes were as tasty and satisfying as any I could have prepared at home, and I'm a good cook. Aside from the corn pasta, which he found mushy and I thought was delicious, no complaints at all.

Idgy's problem is ambiance. There is a counter where you place your order, a baked goods counter, and a few tables. It's located in a strip mall where if my GPS hadn't insisted I TURN NOW, I never would have expected to find a restaurant. The counters take over the restaurant and it feels very cramped. In addition, the tables are cleaned somewhat erratically, which gave me pause. Idgy's needs more space and more counter staff. There was 1 counterperson there at the height of lunch-hour and someone else who stuck his head out to see if our orders had been taken yet. Once they were, they arrived within 15mins. and were piping hot and yummy.

The counterperson did tell me they were looking for a larger location that they hoped to be in by next summer. For the sake of all us GF people, I hope they're successful. It would be a shame for such a great resource to go downhill.

1 Thank mariawFL
Bonaire
“Love this place”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The tofu scramble and flax seed wrap is heavenly amazing.

Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We vacationed on Cape last week with 2 other families. We ate here every day because my daughter has Celiac disease but it was not a burden because the food was delicious. And it was so nice not to have to interrogate the chef about food preparation prior to dining. By the end of the week, the other families we were with who are not gluten intolerant, we're going there because it was just plain yummy. Our favorites--pancakes, praline french toast, breakfast sandwiches and carrot cake.

1 Thank Kristen N
Orleans, Massachusetts
“A GLUTEN-FREE CAFE, TAKE-OUT AND CATERER!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Idgy's is my go-to place on Cape Cod - just off Exit 8 - and should be for anyone with celiac disease and/or who needs to eat gluten-free. Everything we've tried has been delicious - and we've tried a lot! Best treat - GF CINNAMON BUNS as good as I remember them being! 3 berry pie is another fave. All the pies are terrific - especially for holidays. Then there's the beef stew, beef strogonoff, pizzas, portabello panini, meatball panini, other pies, fabulous breakfasts ... not a place to keep to your diet when you look at the menu - and prices are so reasonable! Don't expect a fancy restaurant - just a few tables in and outside in a strip mall - but don't judge a book by its cover. We order regularly - best to call ahead to order to minimize wait - everything is done to order - and my husband picks it up on his way down Cape. A breakfast/lunch place mainly - hours vary later in the day - 6 pm - not sure what summer 2012 will be.