We spent 2 great nights at the Surfcomber in early June. Because it was still off season we were able to get a bargain rate on an ocean view efficiency. It had 2 queen beds, a little separate kitchen, a dining table and chairs, a bath with a tub/shower, and a dressing area with a large sink cabinet and closet area. We loved the second floor location which gave us a great view of the ocean. Outside our door there was a little table and 2 chairs, where we had our morning coffee. When we arrived, it was early and our room wasn't ready for us. No problem, it was sunny so we just relaxed on the cushiony chaises that faced the beach. For dinner we simply walked down the road to the Skipper Restaurant and Chowder House. The room was very comfortable. There was a slight musty smell, but once the windows were open, it went away. The shower had great water pressure. We didn't cook in the kitchen but it was handy for making breakfast and coffee and keeping our beverages cold. We slept well - no noise except for the sound of the surf. The only negatives the room decor was dated including the bedding and furniture. The musty smell was inside the dresser drawers and ended up on my clothes. But all very minor. We will be going back in Sept.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 55 years, the Surfcomber has 33 rooms, many with fully equipped kitchens, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Surfcomber on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA