Love the location! Right on the beach! (thus my "very good" rating)
However, if you remove their fabulous beachfront location, they are just an ordinary motel, circa 1960's or 70's. They do keep it relatively clean, so that's good. I do have two issues that could be easily fixed though: 1) The housekeepers never remove/replace the glasses from the room. For three days we had the same two glasses. 2) The sheets. As someone else said, they want to come off the bed, and that's because the fitted sheet only wraps over the edge of the bed by 1-2"!!! I've never seen a sheet like that. Not all of the beds are this way. In our room one was this way, and one was closer to a normal fitted sheet. Obviously they've saved fabric by doing this, but it's annoying to have the sheet move around and icky if you are touching the mattress itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 55 years, the Surfcomber has 33 rooms, many with fully equipped kitchens, an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Surfcomber on the Ocean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA