“Horror Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
south yarmouth
“Horror Hotel”
Reviewed July 25, 2007

The pool bathroom was gross. The "breakfast" was some coffee gone wrong. And they sold bagels, instead of offering free bagels. It was very dissapointing. i read a wonderful review on the ocean mist, and now i wonder was that person drunk? Something must of been wrong with them.

• Stayed January 2004, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fordl9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
boston
Reviewed August 24, 2006

Stayed at the OM late July for a weekend. It was OK. However, we had an ocean front unit, which we felt was extremely overpriced, close to $700 for 2 nights, and didn't even have a kitchenette, just a small fridge and microwave. It was huge and clean, that was good, and a great ocean/beach view. The management was extremely unfriendly, the continental breakfast they advertise consists of tea or coffee. That's it. They have muffins and bagels for sale. Now, that's CHEAP. For the rates they charge, it's unbelievable. The outdoor lights in our balcony were burned out and asked the maid to replace them but it was never done. Maybe these are some of the reasons that they are hardly ever fully booked.

• Liked — the ocean/beach view
  • Disliked — the management and the so called continental breakfast
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank george01

Travelers are raving about these South Yarmouth hotels

Reviewed June 11, 2006

It was raining cats and dogs in Boston, but as we drove closer to the Cape, we found no downpours. The Ocean Mist is right on a family-friendly beach, on a quiet street, near but far enough away from the Rt. 28 traffic. We had a room w/a loft which suited our family of 4 perfectly. Nice and clean, the staff was friendly and courteous, and I plan to return. Our group had a total of 4 rooms, and none of them had both a micro and hot plate. We all had a fridge, so one of the other two appliances additionally would be great.

• Stayed June 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed May 17, 2006

Great location and the price is right even in the summer! We happened to have found available rooms in the slower season and got lucky that it was so warm in October! The Seaside festival in West Yarmouth gave us a lovely fireworks display - and on the beach in October it was as quiet as you could possibly need. beautiful...

• Stayed October 2003
4 Thank marielle03
Reviewed May 5, 2006

if you have kids a little extra room is nice. This was an inexpensive place to stay where the rooms were very clean and the people were nice.

• Stayed May 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed September 6, 2005

We arrived at 1pm on Thursday my mother, my 7 year old son and I. We could not check in to our room although it was ready. My son needed to use the bathroom at the pool and I had to clean up an accident before he could use the toilet. The staff was on the computer and the nasty woman was watching game shows on the couch. Over the next two days whenever I went in the office she was watching TV and if the staff at the desk was busy she never asked if she could help. The day of check out we were all packed and ready to go but I told the desk my son was watching TV and we would leave as soon as housekeeping came. He wanted to see the end of the movie. Since housekeeping had not come to our room until 2 or 3 pm on the prior two days , I thought no big deal. The nasty women opened our door and said"well I'm going to charge you another whole day for this." I realize we were late, she was seated watching TV when I told the desk staff we were ready to go and were just watching TV. I did not want to use the bathrro at the pool since on Thursday I neede to clean poop off the toilet seat before my son could use it and on Friday that same bathroom was flooded with water since someone showered there and there was water and hair everywhere.
It is too bad because my extended family(35) people had celebrated my fathers birthday there in 2004 and my father died shortly thereafter. It is a gorgeous location and the rooms are comfortable. This same women gave my two sisters a hard time last year. There were also two couples who complained about this women and said they would never stay there again. Neither will I or my family!

• Stayed August 2005
13 Thank FourOfUs
Reviewed August 9, 2005

I thought this hotel was great! The beach is very nice and the rooms are great. It's good for familys and a great place. We're going there again this month. I love that hotel!

• Stayed July 2004
#10 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#5 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!