“Owner's absent”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Hackettstown, New Jersey
“Owner's absent”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just came back from our visit let me say I had great service from the front desk especially from Tavric and Marissa. People complain about the service just remember they are doing the best they can. Things happen other visitors don't follow all the rules and things go wrong. Nice room it had been updated great AC must important. The two pools were nice and the beach was right there. The Hotel has lounge chairs for the beach, what I like best was the wall where the chairs were on it look over the ocean so nice. One thing I will address is the Manager or Owner should be there or on site or on call DON'T leave your employee's holding the bag for you. That my friend is how you get BAD reviews. OH one more thing why our their only men doing all the cleaning they need a little work . I ask one women in charge do they have to clean the sinks and toilets and she said no only replace towels and make the beds. That needs to change. Over all nice Thanks we had a great time. Nice talking to you Tavric and Marissa

2 Thank tomelsa1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Amherst, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just spent a weekend at the OM. We had the handicap room on the ground farthest from the beach. So no beach view to report. In fact all courtyard view rooms do not have an ocean view due to an extension of the building that is perpendicular to the main buildings. I knew this when I rented it, so it was not a big deal. The room itself was spacious. As others have mentioned, it was recently renovated with nice furnishings and electronics. The TV was a 42” LCD with HD programming. There was an iPhone docking stereo alarm clock too. There was WIFI too but the signal strength was not very good. But overall I thought the room was very nice.
The location is excellent, being beachfront speaks for itself. The stretch of beaches in this part of Yarmouth is very nice. The water is clear, and for the most part the sand is like powder. The seaweed comes and goes with the tides, so sometimes it’s worse than others. There is no surf here, so the beaches here are good for little ones.
The oceanfront heated pool is awesome. In fact the whole pool area is pretty sweet. The hot tub is hot and has decent jets. It’s one of the better hotel hot tubs that we’ve used. It’s nice having the pool scene directly in front of the beach with unobstructed views. There was a lot of sand in the pool though. It didn’t bother me and I’m sure it’s a constant battle but I thought I’d throw it out there. The pool allegedly closes at 8:00 which stinks. They should keep it open later than that. Although we did see people in the hot tub pretty late at like 10:00, so who knows how much they enforce the policy.
I got a very good rate through a third party site and for what I paid it was well worth it. The standard rate is pretty steep but all the oceanfronts there are. If I can get the same deal, then I will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmass
Carver, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here July 8-11. Hotel is very short staffed. Checked in 90 mins late, room was not ready. After many calls, skylight closure finally fixed. M&M's under bed, dusty furniture, dirty slider w/screen always falling off. Could feel the springs in loft pullout sofa. Kleenex was not replaced, HARD mattresses. No towels at pool on occassion. Room not cleaned until after 2:30pm during our stay one day. Received no hand towels. Upon checkout no one was at the front desk! I'm not fussy but there were just too many things lacking here - we won't be back.

Room Tip: More privacy on upper floors.
3 Thank judy c
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Ocean Mist was set in a beautiful location, on the ocean with a beautiful private beach. The pools, inside and out, were fantastic and our family enjoyed them a great deal. Excellent location for a morning run on the beach, and then a dip in the ocean. My only issue was the bathroom cleaning. I know that it's hard to control mildew with the amount of moisture near the beach, but there was mildew already growing in the recently renovated room. A quick, daily wipe down in the bathrooms with bleach would control this and not lead to bigger issues which will develop quickly. With the exception of this cleaning issue, our stay was excellent and staff very friendly and helpful!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I should have followed my instincts . Two days before we arrived I had called the front desk because I had a couple of questions. However, no one ever answered the phone. This was definitely a red flag! Upon arrival we were told that our room was not ready yet. The young man at the front desk said that it would be about an hour before we could check into the room. So, we relaxed by the pool. When we went to our room, I noticed that three maintenance men were still there. I asked them if something was wrong and they said no. The men left and we settled in. After about an hour, I noticed that the the toilet would not flush, so I called the front desk and the young man said someone would be right over. We waited an hour before a maintenance man came to try to fix the problem. I asked him if there was a problem here before we checked in and he said yes. Unfortunately, he could not fix the toilet. So, we went to the front desk and asked to speak to the manager. We were told the manager was not there that day. ( July 4 th one of the busiest travel weekends) I asked for an assistant and was told that only the manager could call a plumber. Also, I asked the young man at the front desk if we could please check into another room and he said there was no other rooms available.The young man at the front desk called the manager three times and left messages. The manager never called back. We left our cell number with the young man at the front desk and he left another message with the manager to call us directly. We did not hear from the manager that night. So, now we called the corporate office and expressed our concern regarding the living conditions. The next day the manager finally called us and said that he would try to locate a plumber. I am sure that the manager decided to call us because of the pressure from the corporate office. Also, one of the amenities was daily maid service that never happened. To make a longer story short..... Look for another resort !!

2 Thank Surfergirlhawaii50
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a very lovely up to date hotel with a beautiful view of the ocean. We stayed one night in a loft double queen room. The room was so so clean, so quiet and the beds were amazing. I would def come back to the Ocean Mist. It was so nice to use the pool and then walk to the beach. I was very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms were great, we had a view from both decks
2 Thank maximus_acton_ma
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is our second time to South Yarmouth and when we return we will be staying here again. The hotel was taken over by a larger chain, the entire place has been renovated. I look for nice but value and this had both. The only thing missing was an exercise room. The shower could have had a curved curtain. Otherwise, the room was big enough for a family of 4, NEW flat screen TV, kitchenette, great hot tub/pool/fire pit area, and they also have indoor pool. Walk right to the beach from all the rooms. Staff is friendly and accommodating. The best room rates I found was at www.easyclicktravel.com

Room Tip: Get the best rate you can, first floor is the easiest, park and walk right to your room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Yarmouth
#3 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Riviera Beach Resort
Riviera Beach Resort
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!