“One VERY IMPORTANT thing missing :(” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites

Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Albany, NY
“One VERY IMPORTANT thing missing :(”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a great property in almost all categories except there was no in-room Wi-Fi and even the Wi-Fi in the lobby (which was very small) was down more than up. This hotel advertised in-room wifi but there isn't any. Wouldn't go back there again only because of this reason. Otherwise we loved the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Warwick, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Brilliant location, nice views, right on beach.. pool lovely, room very well furbished.

However..
- Room not cleaned right in the 5 days I was there - shoddy service!
- Fire pit not working (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Wifi did not work in rooms (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Safe did not work in rooms (every day I was told, you guessed it, it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Staff not overly helpful. I saw the staff walk past one person struggling with a baby and lots of bags and the door, staff wouldn't stop to help, even to open door! Another time I wanted into the pool, but the staff wouldn't open the door closest to me, I had to walk around the other end of the pool with all my stuff as it was more convenient to him.
- As other reviewers stated, I was at reception quite a few times, people were rarely happy - and the wait was SO SLOW (the three times I used reception I had to wait between 20 - 40 minutes, which was really really really annoying.

I wouldn't rush back, I'd try another hotel in area with private beach.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side to reception - you'll get the sun on your balcony in the afterno...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank HappyGlobeTrotter
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had to come and express my experience about this property. It was well situated right at the beach front there are couple things i disliked.

1. There was no Wifi in the room that was very incovinient.
2. The housekeepers left a dirty towel on my bed, its seems like they were rushing.
3. The fire pit never seemed to work for the 4 days I was there they keep on telling me it will be fixed the next day.
4. The safe in my room was not function able i was pretty upset about that.

But the things that made me want to go back

First i have to talk about the Jamaican at the front desk he was so charming and lovely his smile lite up the office once i entered he took pretty good care of me and my family. It was tremendable. He assist me in every way possible and gave me an upgrade in my room. He was a big help. I think his name was Taveric or Tavrick, something but great job

Secondly the room was comfortable it was suitable for my needs, the bed were soft the loft suit was amazing, the indoor pool was amazing the Jamaican guy let us stay in their an extra hour after closing time, it was amazing.

We loved our vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. I would recommend you go and gain your own experience.

It is To Die for.....

Room Tip: try and get the ocean front room facing the beach.
2 Thank Tavric C
Beverly Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great value. Huge room. 2 balconies over looking the pool and ocean. Newly remodeled. Was a bit noisy in the am. But we were up and about by then. Beautiful beach. Try the old Yarmouth inn for dinner and skippers is great for lunch.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view and balcony room very nice.
4 Thank Jacalyn G
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The fact that there was an unhappy family in the lobby when I arrived should have tipped me off that there was a problem with this hotel. The family was very upset and Tavrick at the desk had a smirk on his face. Once the family left, I started to register and the lobby phone rang. It was another family who said that this was the second time they called and they were having trouble with the sink and no one had come. Tavrick at the desk was laughing silently, covering his mouth muffling the laughter and holding the phone away from his face. He was laughing uncontrollably and I was very annoyed, but decided to mind my business. Once in the room, it was attractive as pictured on the web. It was also very cold in the room at 64 degrees. I called the front desk- they had no blankets. Maybe tomorrow, they said. We were very cold that first night. We went to the desk in the morning to check on the blankets, only to find two families very upset about things in their room. Tavrick listened and had no remedy for anything they complained about. No blankets again and no internet on this property. Once the families left we went back to the lobby to go to the pool- no pool towels and this time Tavrick was joined by two ladies dressed in hotel uniform. All 3 were laughing hysterically at the Indian family of 6 who had left because their reservations were lost . Tavrick was trying to put them in a room with one king size bed. Tavrick and the ladies were laughing about who the family could two have fit on the king bed, two on the sofa and two on the floor. It was like a SNL comedy skit. I simply could not believe it. I went back to my frosty room and turned on the heat and the fire alarms went off (I did not even bother to go to the lobby since I am sure, Tavrick was yucking it up.)
This is the most unhelpful, unprofessional and uncaring place that you will ever have the displeasure of being in. Yes, the room is attractive, but this place was just awful. I shared my experience at check out and they were unphased. They were worried about how Expedia only pays the first night and they wanted the money for the two other nights that I stayed. As I left, there was a family in the looby complaining about an issue in their room that continued to be resolved. This place is a nightmare. I will never stay at this place again.

6 Thank Daisy1555

Travelers are raving about these South Yarmouth hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My first time on the Cape! Visited for the weekend with 8 girlfriends. Beautiful location & rooms right on the beach. It was cozy & comfortable. I CAN'T wait to go back!! It is worth every penny. You don't even need an ocean view to enjoy this place because the ocean is just a few steps away.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank SheadyG
Maple Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. She had been to this hotel before. We had a wonderful stay. The hotel had undergone some major renovation and it showed. We arrived the first day they were open for the season and everything was in tip-top shape. We had a room on the first floor, that was the closest room to the ocean. It was literally steps from our door and had a fantastic view. The room came with a mini kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, sink and plenty of cabinet space. They had a very basic, few paper plates, bowls and plastic cutlery - enough to get you started, but if you intend to eat frequently in the room, you will need more. The beds - 2 queens - were super comfortable. We slept like logs with the sound of the sea in the background. Plenty of closet space and dresser drawers for clothes. Everything was clean and well maintained. It has an indoor and outdoor pool but the hot tub is outside. Since it was mid May, and wind coming in off the ocean, it was a bit chilly to use any of the outside facilities. But, splashing ankle deep in the surf and walking and sitting on the beach was grand. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Ready to help with any issues. Our only real complaint was that they had no WiFi in the rooms but that is going to be installed soon. To use internet, we had to use complimentary computers in the lobby. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area and the hotel is a short drive from Hyannis for additional restaurants and shopping. This is a place, given the opportunity, I would definitely go again. High recommendation.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have anyone with issues with stairs, make sure you get a first flo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
Sea Crest Beach Hotel
#7 of 22 in Falmouth
4.0 of 5 stars 856 reviews

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!