The fact that there was an unhappy family in the lobby when I arrived should have tipped me off that there was a problem with this hotel. The family was very upset and Tavrick at the desk had a smirk on his face. Once the family left, I started to register and the lobby phone rang. It was another family who said that this was the second time they called and they were having trouble with the sink and no one had come. Tavrick at the desk was laughing silently, covering his mouth muffling the laughter and holding the phone away from his face. He was laughing uncontrollably and I was very annoyed, but decided to mind my business. Once in the room, it was attractive as pictured on the web. It was also very cold in the room at 64 degrees. I called the front desk- they had no blankets. Maybe tomorrow, they said. We were very cold that first night. We went to the desk in the morning to check on the blankets, only to find two families very upset about things in their room. Tavrick listened and had no remedy for anything they complained about. No blankets again and no internet on this property. Once the families left we went back to the lobby to go to the pool- no pool towels and this time Tavrick was joined by two ladies dressed in hotel uniform. All 3 were laughing hysterically at the Indian family of 6 who had left because their reservations were lost . Tavrick was trying to put them in a room with one king size bed. Tavrick and the ladies were laughing about who the family could two have fit on the king bed, two on the sofa and two on the floor. It was like a SNL comedy skit. I simply could not believe it. I went back to my frosty room and turned on the heat and the fire alarms went off (I did not even bother to go to the lobby since I am sure, Tavrick was yucking it up.)
This is the most unhelpful, unprofessional and uncaring place that you will ever have the displeasure of being in. Yes, the room is attractive, but this place was just awful. I shared my experience at check out and they were unphased. They were worried about how Expedia only pays the first night and they wanted the money for the two other nights that I stayed. As I left, there was a family in the looby complaining about an issue in their room that continued to be resolved. This place is a nightmare. I will never stay at this place again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites in the heart of Cape Cod is located directly on Nantucket Sound with 300 feet of private sandy beach and breathtaking ocean views. Convenient to area restaurants, outlet shopping, specialty stores, historical sites, legendary antique shops, art galleries, and numerous outdoor activities such as golfing, deep sea fishing and biking, this oceanfront resort offers everything you will need for the perfect Cape Cod getaway vacation. The Ocean Mist Beach Hotel and Suites has reopened following a multi-million dollar renovation. All areas of the hotel will be completely renovated and updated to incorporate luxurious furnishings and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Mist South Yarmouth
- Ocean Mist Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA