“THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT GUESTS!!”

Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The fact that there was an unhappy family in the lobby when I arrived should have tipped me off that there was a problem with this hotel. The family was very upset and Tavrick at the desk had a smirk on his face. Once the family left, I started to register and the lobby phone rang. It was another family who said that this was the second time they called and they were having trouble with the sink and no one had come. Tavrick at the desk was laughing silently, covering his mouth muffling the laughter and holding the phone away from his face. He was laughing uncontrollably and I was very annoyed, but decided to mind my business. Once in the room, it was attractive as pictured on the web. It was also very cold in the room at 64 degrees. I called the front desk- they had no blankets. Maybe tomorrow, they said. We were very cold that first night. We went to the desk in the morning to check on the blankets, only to find two families very upset about things in their room. Tavrick listened and had no remedy for anything they complained about. No blankets again and no internet on this property. Once the families left we went back to the lobby to go to the pool- no pool towels and this time Tavrick was joined by two ladies dressed in hotel uniform. All 3 were laughing hysterically at the Indian family of 6 who had left because their reservations were lost . Tavrick was trying to put them in a room with one king size bed. Tavrick and the ladies were laughing about who the family could two have fit on the king bed, two on the sofa and two on the floor. It was like a SNL comedy skit. I simply could not believe it. I went back to my frosty room and turned on the heat and the fire alarms went off (I did not even bother to go to the lobby since I am sure, Tavrick was yucking it up.)
This is the most unhelpful, unprofessional and uncaring place that you will ever have the displeasure of being in. Yes, the room is attractive, but this place was just awful. I shared my experience at check out and they were unphased. They were worried about how Expedia only pays the first night and they wanted the money for the two other nights that I stayed. As I left, there was a family in the looby complaining about an issue in their room that continued to be resolved. This place is a nightmare. I will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Daisy1555

Reviewed May 24, 2013

My first time on the Cape! Visited for the weekend with 8 girlfriends. Beautiful location & rooms right on the beach. It was cozy & comfortable. I CAN'T wait to go back!! It is worth every penny. You don't even need an ocean view to enjoy this place because the ocean is just a few steps away.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank SheadyG
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights. She had been to this hotel before. We had a wonderful stay. The hotel had undergone some major renovation and it showed. We arrived the first day they were open for the season and everything was in tip-top shape. We had a room on the first floor, that was the closest room to the ocean. It was literally steps from our door and had a fantastic view. The room came with a mini kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, sink and plenty of cabinet space. They had a very basic, few paper plates, bowls and plastic cutlery - enough to get you started, but if you intend to eat frequently in the room, you will need more. The beds - 2 queens - were super comfortable. We slept like logs with the sound of the sea in the background. Plenty of closet space and dresser drawers for clothes. Everything was clean and well maintained. It has an indoor and outdoor pool but the hot tub is outside. Since it was mid May, and wind coming in off the ocean, it was a bit chilly to use any of the outside facilities. But, splashing ankle deep in the surf and walking and sitting on the beach was grand. The staff was super helpful and friendly. Ready to help with any issues. Our only real complaint was that they had no WiFi in the rooms but that is going to be installed soon. To use internet, we had to use complimentary computers in the lobby. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area and the hotel is a short drive from Hyannis for additional restaurants and shopping. This is a place, given the opportunity, I would definitely go again. High recommendation.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you have anyone with issues with stairs, make sure you get a first flo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Docsdaughter45
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My sisters & I just spent 3 days at the Ocean Mist Beach Hotel. The location cannot be beat and the hotel far exceeded our expectations. The room we had was on the second floor with catherdral ceiling, two balconies and a loft. Everything was new and beautifully appointed. The private beach was right outside the door and there was also an indoor and outdoor pool. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: 2nd floor room offers a loft, two balconies, two flat screen TV's, and a little kitchenette. Eve...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Linda M
Reviewed November 4, 2012

room was very clean, beautiful balcony. walked to the Skipper restaurant (also excellent) will surely go again. didn 't use the restaurant at the hotel, or the fitness room. Indoor pool was open, didn't use it. Beach was clean, no garbage of any kind. attended the local octoberfest which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie W
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Ocean Mist last year and it was ok with an excellent location. This year was a totally better experience. The owners are new and are in the process of renovating. The room we had was beautifully done. The bed linens were very nice, new carpeting and the bathroom was beautifully done. The only complaints I have are that the kitchen sink faucet had not been replaced yet so it was hard to turn on and the towels seemed a little thin. A toaster or toaster-oven in the room would have made our stay perfect! Otherwise, the staff could not have been more friendly and I plan to return next year! Then, the outside pool and hottub will be finished as well as in-room internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank karen527
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly - they allowed us to check in over 3 hours early (thought it was off season). Room was decent though did have a little smell to it. Outdoor pool was being remodeled & looks like it will be great next season. Overall, the price was very good, location great, could use some work but I'd recommend it

• Stayed: September 2012
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Green Harbor on the Ocean
Green Harbor on the Ocean
#4 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!