First of all, the hotel is directly on the beach and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, but we had to put up with terrible mis-management of this otherwise incredible property. When I made the reservation, I confirmed there was an indoor pool. After all a kids' vacation can be ruined with rainy days. I also asked for and paid for a courtyard room. Check-in time was listed as 3:00. We arrived at 2:40 and were told it would be 20 minutes until our room was ready but we could change in their changing room and go to the beach to wait. Also, both the I door and outdoor pool were being renovated and were closed. We went to the changing room, but it was filthy and smelly and decided against making use of it. We walked in the lovely beach and 40 minutes later went to check on the room...not ready, just a little longer they said, well, it was after 5:00 when we got our room and it overlooked the parking lot. We explained that we had paid for a courtyard room, but they insisted that what any reasonable person would call a courtyard room was, in their eyes, a partial ocean view. Other than the view the room was spacious and nice. However mis-management continued and the next 2 days the room wasn't made-up until after 6:00 PM! I complained and then it was typically done in the late morning. But the worst of all was the day there was a notice on the door saying there would be no hot water from 9:00 until 5:00 on that same day as they were working on the system! Good thing my kids and I got up early, but it did change our plans drastically with no notice. After all who wants to be sandy all day when you leave the beach. Lastly, had one rainy day and were told we could use their hotel inHyannis, got to that hotel and the folks there looked totally surprised by our request but told us we could and directed us to the indoor pool, but guess what, no place to get changed to use it! Had to change in a bathroom that was a courtyard and three long corridors away. Could be a great hotel if only someone were actively managing guest relations and who plans a major renovation to a cape hotel in August, the very height of tourist season and if you do, wouldn't you let people know in advance or discount the rooms a bit because of the terrible inconvenience?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites in the heart of Cape Cod is located directly on Nantucket Sound with 300 feet of private sandy beach and breathtaking ocean views. Convenient to area restaurants, outlet shopping, specialty stores, historical sites, legendary antique shops, art galleries, and numerous outdoor activities such as golfing, deep sea fishing and biking, this oceanfront resort offers everything you will need for the perfect Cape Cod getaway vacation. The Ocean Mist Beach Hotel and Suites has reopened following a multi-million dollar renovation. All areas of the hotel will be completely renovated and updated to incorporate luxurious furnishings and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Mist South Yarmouth
- Ocean Mist Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA