“Fabulous Building, Wonderful Art Exhibit”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cultural Center of Cape Cod
Reviewed February 10, 2011

The Cultural Center building is a real treasure - an old bank building brought back to life in all its glory. The most recent exhibit features flowers - perfect for a cold day in February. Exhibits are always changing. Music programs feature returning groups as well as emerging artists. Many are set in cafe style, inviting people to "bring your own" and either sit back and listen or get up and dance. Website is great way to see what is happening.

2  Thank lindyloo_208
in 4 reviews
"play"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2011

The Cultural Center has so many things to do and there is something for everyone. I have attended many diverse events there. Whether it is an art exhibit, a craft show, a night of dancing or an evening of music, there is always something happening or about to happen. I have heard some wonderful musicians there. They have programs for poets and those who just love poetry that I hope to get to next summer. They also have a really nice little gift shop with one-of-a-kind jewelry and decorative items, all created by local artisans and VERY reasonably priced. I am looking forward to all the programs that I know they'll be having next summer when we return.

2  Thank EdandSuz
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I've been to the Cultural Center many times over the past year and have found it to be a marvelous resource for both learning and enjoying arts and culture. I have taken a great oil painting class there, visited the galleries and seen musical performances. One of my favorite things to do there is to attend one of their music cafes (select Friday and Saturday eves) with friends. We can bring refreshments, sit at cozy tables and listen to some great music - and if the mood strikes us - get up and dance on a beautifully restored marble floor. A great place to go when you are on the Cape - don't miss it!

1  Thank travelmonkey42
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I've visited the Cultural Center of Cape Cod many times, whenever I'm in Yarmouth, for the year-round exhibits and as many of its hundreds of events as I can manage. There is no admission fee for exhibits or art receptions, and the ticket prices for events are always so reasonable, especially given the high caliber of the performances. We love the music cafes, where we can go for live entertainment, a low price, and the chance to bring our own refreshments. We're on a tight budget, so a night out (and a chance to dance!) for only $10 each is fantastic. But best of all is the attitude of the staff and volunteers. No matter how busy they are, they always take time to make sure we're comfortable and feel welcome. The Cultural Center of Cape Cod is truly a treasure, a gift to the community (and that includes the many visitors who come to the Cape), that always has something worth experiences. It's as much a part of our Cape experience as the beach.

2  Thank rhall18
See more reviews
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The Cultural Center truly is a great addition to the life of residents and visitors alike. It has continuous, rotating exhibititions of both local and nationally known artists. There are regular perfomances of a variety of different performers playing jazz, folk,pop,swing or something for everyone. The Center is operated in a manner that is welcoming to all and does everything it can to embrace a variety of different audiences. A true local treasure.

2  Thank slabbs