“Could use some maintenance and investment”
Review of Bass River Sports World - CLOSED

Bass River Sports World
More attraction details
Owner description: A recreation center offering a wide variety of fun sports such as mini-golf, basketball, softball, baseball machines and paintball.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Not very happy with the $40 visit here. First of all, the cash only policy is tough when you are on vacation. If I was an IRS agent, I would be auditing any business that takes in this much cash.
Now to the experience: The mini-golf course features worn out grass and is generally not too exciting. Instead for a nice course, go to Pirates Cove just to the west on Rt. 28.
Next, the remote control pirate ships was a bust and waste of $0.50. On to the batting cage. It is fine for an adult, but children at the 35mph cage were annoyed by the constant high pitches.
In case the management of this operation is reading this review: I did not complain at the front desk since my job is not to do quality control at your business. Instead I will add this review to others with the hope that you understand that you need to invest in your business and also get off your rear end and walk around the property and make sure that customers are satisfied.

3  Thank OutCruising

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Paid $30 for 3 people to go on go cart rides. The girl selling tickets told us we would get 10-12 laps. After 6 speed controlled laps the 14 year old kid told us we were done. I asked how many laps we get he says "I don't know you get three minutes." Asked for a manager. He says it's a three minute ride. Asked him why they say 10-12 laps when selling tickets. Complete Ripoff! Go a little further either way down Rte 28 you'll find a million other places to go.

2  Thank K L
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The miniature golf course was very busy, so we decided to do the driving range instead. My family had fun with that. The go karts didn't seem to go to fast, so we decided not to ride them. The arcade is nice. They also have batting cages. Cash only though.

1  Thank she_she1971
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We went mini golfing here because we had a coupon, as we're a family vacationing and can't spend an arm and a leg. Well, even with the coupon, 27 dollars for mini golf and a 30 min wait just to enter the course was a bit much. Next time I will find a less expensive and less crowded place to spend my mini golf dollars. A kids rate may be something to consider in the future.

1  Thank Ela F
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well maintained, interesting but at $10, a bit pricey when you have 4 grandchildren. Possibly could have a lower rate for under 16 years old.