We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Lee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Oak n' Spruce Resort
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Disapointing”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We traded our time share week to go here and it was somewhat disapointing. There were 6 of us staying together in the unit. Upon arrival the property seemed to be very nice and well taken care of. We checked in and the staff was extreemly friendly and very helpful. We were given the keys to the unit and told where it was in the complex. It was very easy to find and parking was not a problem. We were given a unit on the third floor, which was not a problem. When we opened the door and walked in the unit, it had an oder of being closed up and not used for a long time. The temp was in the mid 80"s and very humid outside. We turned on the central airconditioning and the unit cooled quickly. While inspecting the unit we noticed it was not cared for very well. The master bedroom door would not shut completely because it was falling off the hindges. The stove top was very dirty and all scratched around the burners as if someone tried to clean it with sand paper. One of the burners did not work and two others were bent up. If you put a frying pan on the bent burner everything would shift to one side.The refridgerator was not clean inside. All the glasses and dishes needed to be washed before using them. The flatware and knives needed to be washed also. The counter tops were dirty and chipped in several places. The carpets looked clean until you looked behind some of the doors and saw the real color and the dust build up because nobody vaccumes behind them. The furniture in the living room appeared to be ok until you removed the pillows from the sofa. It was very clear how dirty they were .ALL the bed sheets and most of the towels had rust stains on them although they smelled clean. In my opinon, the unit was only used for those who trade and not used for people who own there. The resort had a very nice mini golf course but all the putter grips needed to be replaced. Some of them had tape holding the grips on the shafts. They had two shuffle board games. They looked well taken care of until you got the pucks and the sticks from the office. They should have been replace a long time ago. They were worn almost to where you would not be able to use them. On the surface the resort looked OK until you look a little further. It was showing it needed more than just patch work. They need to spend some money and replace or repair a lot in that place. We would have called the front desk and have someone come and clean the unit better, but if they could not do it right the first time what sense would it have made. We cleaned it ourselves and did a better job. We looked it the unit they were using for a Demo for their sales department. It looked nothing like the other units we saw or had. It had a new flat screen tv and very nice furniture. All very nice modern appliances and very clean. We were disapointed and would not recomend staying there until they DO A MAJOR CLEANING and repair things instead of patching to make it look good.

Room Tip: Ask if you can stay in the unit they are using as a Demo for people taking tours with their sales de...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Dave711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Philadelphia area
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We traded our time share for a week here and were not disappointed. The location is set in the middle of a variety of interesting restaurants, sites, and outdoor ambiance. There are other pools on the property (2 indoor and one other outdoor, I think), but the large outdoor one near our quarters was so fine we didn't try any others. There was plenty of room in the over-6-feet part for adult laps, and plenty of room in the rest for children's play.
Our main lament: no wireless access in the rooms (even at a cost). It was in the lobby, but not in living quarters--which in 2013 is quite an omission.
Second lament: the decor was dark and dowdy. Didn't bother us, but it might be a turn-off for some.
A plus: good TV reception with both MSNBC and FOX.
We hope to return next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NorthArrow
Morgan Hill, CA
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My sister, elderly aunt and I stayed here for 2 days (another aunt gave us 2 days in her time share). We had a wonderful stay! For the most part, this resort is really geared towards families with kids but we were in one of the back buildings (#297, I believe) and the balcony looked out onto the forest. It was private and quiet. The rooms were beautiful and in great condition. Based on other reviews, we must have been in a renovated unit. Since we were without kids, I was glad to be away from the pool and game room areas. Spent time in the little towns nearby and saw the Boston Symphony Chamber Players at Tanglewood, which was a great venue. Highly recommend this resort assuming you get a renovated unit and are away from the common areas.
Tip: if you want to go hiking at Beartown Forest and the front office gives you a map & tells you to take Pine St to get there, note that this takes you into the back entrance to the park. As a woman alone, I found it very remote (trail I took was a single track that went deep into the forest). Wished I had taken the freeway to the main entrance instead.

2 Thank BellaMorganHill
Cape Cod MA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We purchased a pre-construction unit over 10 years ago at Oak N’ Spruce. A year later we visited for an “Owner Meeting”, it was really a “we want you to upgrade meeting”. We were placed in a “soon” to be renovated unit. It was crappy. 10 years later we come back to use our bonus time. Warned them if they put us in a crappy room again, we were not taking a tour. “Oh no, we are going to upgrade you to a town house.”

Well I can tell you 10 years later, there are more units and the outside appearance looks very nice. But once you step inside, it is the same old resort. They have updated the décor but the permanent fixtures are worn and dated. Our stove looked to be over 20 years old. I have not seen a non-digital display on a stove since my grandma’s house. It was a very plain unit. There was an open kitchen to a living room downstairs with a bathroom on the first floor. Second floor was two bedrooms and a bathroom. Upstairs bathroom has a Jacuzzi sticker on the tub but no Jacuzzi.

Like:
Very Clean. I have stayed at many timeshares and this is one of the cleanest.
Close enough to Six Flags
Has a rustic charm
My kids liked there was Mini Golf, a playground and many pools.
As an owner I am able to bring my dogs.

Dislike:
Dated Appliances.
The drain was broken so the water kept filling in the sink.
Towels were very thin.
Blankets were very worn:
No curtains on the windows. At night all the lights from neighboring units were flooding into our unit. We ended up sleeping in the 2nd bedroom and not using the master.
No washer or dryer. Every other timeshare has had this as a standard.
NO WIFI in the rooms. You have to go to the Lobby to use it. We thought if we used the pool off the lobby we would be able to connect, nope.
No DVD player.
Pool, Don’t look up, the ceiling looks like it is coming down.
Beds are hard as a rock.
Pillows are flat and not enough for everybody.
Sample sizes were enough to get a smell. Bring your own stuff.

I am not sure I want to stay here again, unless they can assure me that they have updated their WIFI and our unit will be what I paid for.

3 Thank flyinggems
Pocono Mountains Region, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've noticed some good and bad reviews recently and I think it's all in your perspective. The resort has been around for a while and they have older buildings and newer buildings. Lodging in each is acceptable but the newer buildings are a little more spacious and brighter. The resort amenities like mini-golf, two outdoor pools, indoor pool and jacuzzi, shuffleboard, horseshoes, tennis courts, hiking trails are all fitting for a family resort that it is.

The locale has a host of activities like golfing, outlet and crafty shopping, theater, museums, the Boston Pops in the summer, sking and winter sports, and much more. It's hard to imagine not liking the area and the resort that exposes all this to you.

On the golf front, I tried two courses nearby, Greenock Country Club in Lee and Bas Ridge Golf Course in Hinsdale. While Bas Ridge was interesting in its shorter (5200yd) length with placement and hidden greens a challenge, Greenock Country Club was a hidden gem I'd definitely visit again. A hilly and challenging Donald Ross 9 hole course, its a great for 9 or 18 at a good price. Look for my review of that course in Trip Advisor for more details.

Room Tip: Units south of the main building around the pool and mini-golf are well suited for families.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank On_the_go_with_joe_m
Oak Ridge, Tn
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We two elderly couples spent a timesahre week at Oak n' Spruce Resort. Prior to arriving we had read some very low-rated reviews. I called Oak n' Spruce to hopefully avoid a similar bad experience. They offered us a unit in the new Presidential Suites building, which we quickly accepted. The unit ammenities were wonderful, but a huge drawback for one of us was the seven flights of stairs to get to the third floor unit-no elevators. Another problem was no Wi-Fi. It was only available at the check-in building, which we had to drive to, because of the distance. The resort has many other resources and activities, which are great for young families with children.

Room Tip: Get rooms in either of the two new buildings.
South Portland, Maine
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just returned from Oak n' Spruce resort and I was very happy with our stay. I had read many reviews online and have to admit, I was terrified as to what I would find! Check in was fast and our room was much better than I had envisioned. We were in building 11 - one bedroom, two bathrooms, good living space. Our reservation was for a partial kitchen but the kitchen was full, everything was in working condition, and it was spacious. The only problem was the refrigerator began leaking on our last day.

The outdoor pool was wonderful - clean and large! We didn't really use the indoor pools, but they seemed fine. My two children (ages 2 & 5) LOVED the playground and mini-golf on site as well. They show free movies 4 times per day, but we didn't take advantage of any while we were there.

Overall, I thought the resort and accommodations were very good. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it for people with children.

Room Tip: Building 11 was quiet and spacious. Balcony overlooked woods, so not much to see but still nice.
1 Thank Port_K07
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Oak n' Spruce Resort? Share your experiences!