“Friendly staff, Average property”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Lee
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Oak n' Spruce Resort
North Easton, Massachusetts
“Friendly staff, Average property”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment we checked in till we left,the staff was friendly & accomodating. The rooms fell short in the cleanliness department. I found dust balls in the in the bathroom and you could write your name in the dust on the entertainment center in the bedroom. The egg turner was caked in egg and had to be re-washed. I loved the rustis furniture. The bed, table, chairs & entertainment center were made from tree branches. Very nice touch. In all, unit old and could use a little up cleaning & updating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mammy125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Connecticut
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We traded our timeshare week to use here for fall getaway. We were able to get a 2-bedroom suite and invited another couple to join us. We were placed in the new building, which worked out really well, (Be aware there are no elevators!) Everything was clean and decorated nicely. We invited friends who didn't live a great distance away to join us for a "tailgating" party in the condo to watch football; there was sufficient viewing room for everyone, and the kitchen was good enough to prepare snacks and even tacos for dinner. (A decent grocery store is not too far!)

The location is great, very convenient to many of the sites of the Berkshires. Free wi-fi is located in the clubhouse across the street,as is a snack bar, a little game area, fitness area, and sundries to purchase. There is a lot of parking available throughout the living area. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and made great suggestions for restaurants for dinner. (They had many menus available to peruse.)

We were never approached/called for a timeshare presentation. I would definitely stay here again because of its location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HungryandTraveled
Mass.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not the worst place in the world, very pushy as far as their timeshares go. We were given a presentation which we declined and after 3 people deep of "higher up's" and declining one individual was furious that we "wasted his time" we kept declining and he was very persistent to sell us something. We have stayed there one other time and we ended up losing power which wasn't there fault a bad storm passed through. The unit we stayed in was mediocre. Plenty of space but a little dingy. Room was a no smoking room but had been smoked in. Outside the room flooded from rain water. I'm not to sure what else is out in this area for hotels to stay at but if I had to be in the area it wasn't all that bad of a place....as long as you don't have to deal with the timeshare presentation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank srfdoggin
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week recently when someone my wife knew offered us a week for a very reasonable price. We got put in what I can only describe as one of the "old" buildings...I would guess it was last renovated sometime in the mid to early nineties. Low end appliances, awful carpet, forced air heat with a weird musky kind of odor, beds that were hard as a rock, and old "curved-screen" TVs...maybe 27"? Seriously?? In 2013???

The staff that we encountered was for the most part friendly...although the poor pool guy had to get tough a couple of times when some of the hordes of people in the "kiddie hot tub" refused his repeated directions to only have 6 people in there at a time.

The pool area was OK...very clean, but dated in a 1970's YMCA kind of way...and very few chairs available. It looked like the outdoor pool, mini-golf, tennis, etc. would be pretty nice, but being February, it was all covered in snow/ice. The arcade was avarage but unimpressive.

I don't know what the normal costs are for this place...if I had paid more than a couple hundred dollars for the week, I would have been pretty upset. However, I'd be willing to bet it is more fun in the summer when the outdoor stuff is open...and it does look like they have some nice units...but I know we didn't get one of them!

Room Tip: Unknown but avoid building 10!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JDHLAGRK
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I won the free trip with a chance to win a car, cash, gift card, or vacation. The 90-minute tour was interesting, engaging, and I LOVED our representative, Barry. Every single person we talked to or even saw would wave, say Hi, ask how they could help, and directed us to where we needed to be, even when we showed up nearly 15 minutes late. The facilities were all VERY clean, and while the place seems older, they have newer lodgings and are in the midst of building their 3rd pool, which will be 100-someodd ft by 80 ft. They told us about any taxes and such up front, we got our free vacation, and even though we didn't win the car or anything we got our second vacation! My sister and I ended up buying a biennial with them. Their prices do NOT start at $19k, I have no idea what drugs that one person was doing, they are selling shares at $15,500, and while the interest is very high, our monthly payment is so low we will be able to double up and triple up on payments, so we will have it paid off before it gets crazy. You can pay for it all at once and pay that $15.5k and not have to deal with the interest. We got a great deal because a family had upgraded, so their deed was already half paid off, so I got my share for $7500 and $177 a month. Do not show up just for the free trip, because you will get disappointed and YOU will cause problems for them, because I have read about people just going for the prizes and end up mad that they have to do the tour and that the prizes require some sort of money. Such as, I have to buy a passport, but with my husband in the military, I was getting one anyway. I am sending my mother on a week-trip to Germany, and this is an EXCELLENT idea for anyone who loves travel or enjoys short trips. I live right near 2 resorts, so we go hang out during the day and I sell nights to my friends, so it has been nothing but amazing. Again, the entire staff was beyond helpful and friendly, the place was VERY clean, everyone was polite and even personable, we didn't have to pay for our appointment, and this place is NOT A SCAM! The people who go just for prizes call it a scam because they went for ALL the wrong reasons, truly. The activities they have are awesome! Most are free, some require money but it's WAY cheaper than doing it elsewhere. I paid $75 for my first hr-long trail ride, and then $82 for my second in another state. Here, it's $18 an hour, so I will be doing that often! Just a fine example. Different resorts offer different things, so you're not playing the same putt-putt at every one!

Room Tip: Book as early as you possibly can! This is a first come first serve deal, because you aren't the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ninjetta
West Nyack, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend w another who owns the timeshare. It was great! Very roomy, cozy bedrooms, and loved that we had our own bathroom too. It's def a great choice for a fun couples weekend or for families. We hope to go back over the summer!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tna527
Holyoke, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The resort is always booked during the winter for the sking in the area. During the summer they have concerts and plays in the area. Living only 45min away its a nice place to go and get away.

We were there Christmas for 4 days and there were no special activities for the adults and families to get together. During the summer there is the pool ,golf,swing,fishing etc. During the winter I think it would be something special to have an ice skating rink,snow shoes, a little more thought into their schedule.

Each visit that we made in the past 6 months we have had some type of matenience problems that should be easy to fix but they weren't. The sheets on the bed were inexpensive and the bed wouldn't stay made. The toilet seat was broken they came in and "fixed" it but you couldn't use it the rest of the week. There were 2 window casing that was secured by velcro.that fell during the night..I was concerned about the safety near the tub and the shower. There were no hand rails near the tub and it was slippery it seemed like the cleaners needed to rinse out the tub . If my husband wasn't there I would have fallen.

I feel that you should have free wi/fi I went 4 days without being able to do any work. getting dressed and going down to the lobby isn't my type of vacation.

Rooms have improved and some have vcrs and DVDS but you shouldn't have to pay ,I believe $5 for a movie. They have washers and dryers in the rooms. Thank You

Room Tip: Go early so if you don't like your room you will have something to choose from. No too good for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#6 of 16 in Lenox
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington
Holiday Inn Express Great Barrin...
#7 of 10 in Great Barrington

Been to Holiday Inn Club Vacations Oak n' Spruce Resort? Share your experiences!