You can't believe everything (or anything, really) you read on the Internet. I have no idea why this place is rated so highly. We stayed in this hotel (?) for 2 nights, and it was perhaps the most awful experience I've ever had in a hotel. The bed was not only rock hard, the frame broke, and we're average in size. The bathroom was about the size of a small closet. For instance, when the door is opened, it banged against the toilet. The water in the shower stall was either scalding hot, typically when someone flushed a toilet which you could clearly hear through the walls, or it was freezing. The temp fluctuated all over the place, and never stayed where you wanted it. The rug was threadbare and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in decades. The air conditioner was a little job in the window, and made a cacophony of odd noises all night long without cooling the room. The sheets and towels were clean, so it wasn't a total hygiene loss, although I'm not sure I'd trust whatever little gremlins were running around in the pillows or blankets. And the so-called "continental breakfast" was a joke. OK, there was coffee, which was slightly drinkable, but the pastries were minimal at best and looked like they came out of an all-night vending machine. And, it was served in the office, which was large enough to hold all of about 3 people. We had to go out for breakfast to find something edible, which in Harwichport is a real job.
All in all, this place was clearly not what it was advertised to be. We would never in a million years go back. I really don't like to sound so negative about a place, but if I didn't have to stay there for a personal event, I would have turned around and gotten the heck out of there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our rooms are nicely appointed offering clean and comfortable accommodations at a great value. Free parking outside your room and breakfast included in high season. The property offers a large outdoor swimming pool and cook out area with picnic benches and grills. Red River Beach is waking distance from the Inn just across the road down Deep Hole Road. Pets not allowed. Please inquire for our rates for additional guests (beyond 2 adults). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Handkerchief Shoals Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handkerchief Shoals Hotel South Harwich
- Handkerchief Shoals Inn South Harwich, MA - Cape Cod