“Cape Cod in May A&R”

Handkerchief Shoals Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Harwich
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Sparkling clean room, no complaints what so ever. Brand new bathroom was very nicely done, all amenities at finger tips-nice towels. Even had an ironing board and iron! Good size room, we stayed in a queen room. Owners very nice and helpful. We will definitely come again. Perfect location to be on the Cape, close to restaurants and beautiful beaches.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in mid-May at the Handkerchief Shoals. Though the motel was only at about 50% capacity when we were there it was noticeably quiet and the grounds were gorgeous. The pool looked nice (too cold for us to swim) and they are very close to a beautiful beach down the end of Deep Hole Road.

In the room the bed was great, the TV had plenty of channels, and everything was very clean. We would definitely return!

1  Thank raftman10
Reviewed May 26, 2014

AnnejMarie and Joe are great people and a great management team. Some of the bathrooms have been updated on the left side of the building very nicely I may say. Always clean and quiet and nearby all our attractions. Always accommodating to our needs. What else can I say! Try it you'll like it. But remember its a motel not a hotel!

Room Tip: My sister and I go for girls weekend so kids activities don't apply. No restaurant on the premi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2014

This is a great place to stay. Our room was immaculate as was the bath. I always try to inspect a room before checking in and I was immediately impressed with the appearance of the room. There was a large flat screen tv, a microwave and refrigerator. I have a bad back so I really appreciated the very comfortable beds. Stay here and you'll be so glad you did. I would go back here again and have recommended it already to friends who will be going to the area.

1  Thank barbaragwen270
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've stayed at this motel many times over the last year. Joe and AnneMarie always welcome me with a smile. It has always been nice and well maintained. So, imagine my surprise when I checked in this time and the room (specifically) the bathrooms had been renovated. The bathrooms were always nice but now there is a lighter more open feel to them. I usually stay in a room with a king or queen and they have plenty of space to move around. The decor is similar in each room so you know you are getting a clean room with similiar ammenities.

Each room has a fridge and a microwave which is very convenient for heating up those leftovers. Although they have a pool, you are a 1.5 mile walk from the beach, and minutes from different restaurants.

This is definitely a place you should stay if you are looking for something outside the typical chains.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the east receive the sun around 5:15a.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank klgrayso
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This beautiful, and inexpensive motel proves that it is possible to provide a clean, friendly, dignified service at low prices. It is without question, one of the nicest places I've ever stayed; the owner Anne Marie was exceptionally kind and helpful....the rooms were beautifully appointed, with Cape-esque quilts....I just adore the proprietor and the establishment and will make up an excuse to go back to the Cape just to stay there. It is also walking distance from the ocean (though the Cape is not easy to walk)....and was just a lovely perfect stay in every way. (Query as to why some establishments think that cheap must equal filthy, undignified and disrespectful....the owners of Handkerchief Shoals are on to something....and hopefully others will learn from their wonderful example). The only thing I would do different is make sure guests know they should by beverages in advance for the refrigerator--I woke up totally parched in the middle of the night and had nothing to drink--that's my fault, I should have thought about that earlier, but still, something guests should know in advance.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank batnib
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A few years ago, I was searching for a simple place to stay on the cape for business. It had to be clean and between towns where I might frequent. I found Handkerchief Shoals and its exactly what I needed! The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the TV has plenty of channels. Its a one level motel, and the parking comes right up to the walkway, so its pretty convenient having my vehicle right next to my door, and I don't have to go too far to carry everything in and out of the room. The property is clean and maintained. The best part is the onsite service! The innkeepers are Annmarie and Joe, and both are outgoing, personable and great people. They had suggestions whenever I needed them too! The more I stay, the better it is ! I'm a regular.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Chatham Tides
Chatham Tides
#1 of 1 in South Chatham
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Handkerchief Shoals Inn? Share your experiences!