“My Go-To Place for Pizza since 1990”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Family Pizza & Grinders
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in South Hadley
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I love Family Pizza! Great selection of pizza and the "party size" pizza will feed a Little League team! We have been going here for over 20 years and are always pleased. The pizza is not excessively greasy and the crust is substantial and tasty. They also serve sandwiches and have a liquor license for pitchers of beer which some folks enjoy. Their take-out business is brisk and the dining room is bright and clean, very comfortable for a family dinner. We have been known to bring in the whole team!

Date of visit: May 2015

Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

Took the kids and their friends after a game and Family Pizza was exactly what we were looking for. Not fancy, but good pizza.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went to visit this restaurant tonight since I remember going there growing up. I remember it being awesome...nice people, great pizza, etc. Tonight.....it was nothing like what I remember. We ate inside and waited a few minutes until finally we went and told them we were there. We got soda and beer....beer was served by a young girl, who I questioned whether she was old enough to serve alcohol. We ordered a large pizza and a salad. Salad came out fine....pizza came out, not how we ordered. The waitress tried to blame us for mistake. Untrue. We ordered it correctly, she didn't listen. They remade the pizza. While waiting for the new pizza, we ordered one more beer, which was served with about 3" of foam (which makes me think this girl isn't of legal age to serve alcohol). When we were done with our pizza, we wanted it boxed up. When we got the box, we opened it to find all the pieces of pizza piled on top of one another. When we asked fora larger box, another girl came over....didn't say anything to us and took the box to fix it. She was rude. We could see the two girls go to the back and explain the situation to an older man who shook his head side to side. Rude again.

Overall, this place is terrible. Don't go there. The management is careless and so are their employees. Never going back.

Date of visit: July 2014
2  Thank Angie12483
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I ordered in a large pizza a couple weeks ago and they delivered it burnt. So I called to complain not asking for anything and they offered to replace it.I explained that we were no longer hungry and asked if I could call in for it at a later date because I work less than a mile from them, and they said no problem. so today I call in for a small instead of a large and they tell me that they can only give me a discount that's how they do business that they would have replaced it for free that day but if I call back at a later date I only can get it at discount. They did not tell me that when I called to complain and I explained that to the manager and he did not care he said he would only offer a discount. Therefore they re nigged and they are liars and I have no desire to purchase food from liars especially when the food is
gross. I will NEVER order from them again AND I will tell every single customer that comes into my work how awful this business is because I do not want good people getting screwed over like I did!

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank SolveigEriksen2005
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Has always had decent pizza but a bit pricey. Never any complaints with delivery or take out but we tried to eat there once recently and there was no one in restaurant area, waited over 10 minutes, had to go find our waitress, then our order came to us wrong and they didn't even offer to fix it when we told them! Won't be going back there any time soon!

Date of visit: October 2013