“Outstanding Ramen Noodles at this small Pioneer Valley restaurant”

Iya Sushi and Noodle Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in South Hadley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 24, 2014

One of our sons lives near South Hadley and had discovered this place. We've been there twice with him and his family and really enjoy it. In fact after our first visit, we asked to go back the next time we visited him. Both times we've been there we had the Ramen Noodle bowls (my wife had the classic and I had the hot and spicy). They were truly delicious and satisfying. They do have several other things on the menu including a large selection of sushi. Our son says their sushi is OK, but not great. Other menu items (like the Korean Bulgogi and Bulgogi tacos) were enticing but we simply couldn't pass on the Ramen Noodles. They also have a liquor license and serve a wide selection of Sakes and several Sakeinis. I tried their Kimono Saketini (Sake, flavored vodka and a splash of cranberry juice). It was OK, but I wouldn't order it again--I guess I'm just not that much of a Sake fan and the additional flavored Vodka and cranberry juice didn't seem to make much of a flavor difference. Nonetheless, this is one of our favorite places in the Pioneer Valley (an area rich with restaurants and restaurant choices).

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I go here on a fairly regular basis even though it is a 80 minute drive round trip. It is that good. The place is spotless and the food is fantastic. My favorite is the spicy tuna bowl that is on the appetizer menu. When it come to roll and sushi so hard to choose just one. the Bibimbap it also fantastic. We have tried to go to place that are closer but are always disappointed so the drive is well worth it.

1  Thank Jossharr65
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We loved this place and it was the 2nd time in 2 months that we came here..

We always order the sashimi platter and the chef will substitute more salmon in place of tuna.
We also had a spicy yellowtail roll...delicious !!

We love this place !

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

All staff members are always very friendly and accommodating. The sushi is so good and fresh! After we first tried Iya, we've come back at least once every two weeks. Prices are fair and worth every bite. Never have been disappointed leaving this place. The Noodles and hibachi are also awesome! I definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I was passing through town while traveling for work and just stopped in. I ordered the Classic Tokyo Style Ramen. It was excellent. While I did not have any sushi, I sat at the bar to eat watching them as they prepared other patron's orders, and they all looked very delicious.

1  Thank Mike M