“Atmosphere is a little better than the food”

Yarde House Food and Spirits
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in South Hadley
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Yarde House is in a perfect location, just across from Mount Holyoke College and on the main village square. The House is historic and in nice weather you can sit outside on the patio. Food was fairly average. We liked the wine. Service was good.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great spot for good solid food. Not fancy, but consistently good. We usually sit at the bar, and always get great service and good conversation. The food comes out at just the right time. In summer the outdoor patio is a great spot to sit and people watch. Enough TVs in the bar area also makes it a good place to watch some sports.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Yarde House is my go-to spot to enjoy a night out. Love the live music. Amazing drinks. Try the cake batter martini or the adult chocolate milk. Food could be a tiny bit better, but the service, drinks, music, and atmosphere keep me going back.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I visited on Valentine's Day. We'd been there many years ago, when the restaurant had different owners. We had reservations and didn't have to wait long. Fortunately, I had asked for the dining room instead of the bar. The bar area was incredibly loud -- I felt sorry for the young singer/guitarist who was trying to entertain in there. Our server was pleasant and efficient; she took our order quickly and the food arrived in a reasonable amount of time. My husband LOVED the tomato soup! His Caesar salad was huge, but mediocre in flavor. I had the house-made veggie burger and fries. The fries were good -- most were hot and just greasy enough. The bun was much too large for the burger...I couldn't get my mouth around the whole thing, so I abandoned the top bun. The burger itself was bland...the menu had given the ingredients list (beans and several spices, etc.), but it had very little flavor and was too mushy. We had been pleasantly surprised by the vegetarian choices on the menu, but ended up being disappointed by their quality. My husband did enjoy his bread pudding. My chocolate cake had good flavor, but was a little dry. It wasn't a bad experience, but quite unremarkable in an area with lots of choices. We probably won't go back soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is the best fish and chips we've ever eaten in a restaurant....anywhere! While visiting our daughter at MHC, we ate here on two separate occasions, one year apart. Both times the fish and chips were absolutely delicious - two large fillets breaded in a delicious batter that was not the least bit greasy. Bravo to the chef!

2  Thank GregG931