“Bring your wallet not cheap”
Review of Chandler's - CLOSED

Chandler's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Was very friendly and ready to serve. Was in between lunch and dinner was great giving both menus. The prices where very high I wouldn't bring kids here at those prices $17 for pasta primavera at lunch menu, did come with salad but high price for lunch. $7 for bowl of chowder but was nothing to brag about but was filling, would of like bread to go with it specially I had time between salad and main dish of other person.
Rustic atmosphere was nice no one else was there.
Disappointed at such a high price on lunch menu, dinner was higher.

2  Thank happycamper64

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was our second year having Easter buffet brunch at this quaint restaurant on the grounds of the Yankee Candle Company. The service was top notch. The staff was welcoming and warm. Our waitress, Molly, was a delight. The food was good. I went especially for the lamb, but this year it was rather dry and not very tasty. I do love the mashed potatoes and the dessert tray has several very tasty deserts. The atmosphere is casual. Lots of families having Easter dinner which is very nice. So all in all a nice brunch at a fairly reasonable price. We'd go again and hope for a juicier cut of lamb.

1  Thank Pat_R2050
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A small family party went to Chandler's for Easter brunch. I made a reservation about 2 weeks ahead without a problem and they called to confirm earlier the week of Easter. I didn't realize it was a buffet - admittedly I didn't ask, but I did look on-line for a menu or notice of the serving and didn't find one. One of the party has Alzheimer's and buffets are more difficult and stressful. When we got there the waitress didn't say anything about the buffet. There was no mention or way to tell if juice was included in the charge for the buffet, and in fact, until we got the bill I didn't know how much the buffet cost would be ($29.99 per person). Coffee and soda were included with the buffet. None of us ordered the fancy drinks that were on a flier with no prices. Were they included with the buffet? That possibility didn't occur to me until just now. Again, I didn't ask, but no one said anything either. Now that I think about it I would have tried the champagne with the wild hibiscus infused with fruit syrup if I'd know it was included in meal. I assumed maybe it would cost $10.

There was a good variety of food - bagels/muffins, salmon & rice, waffles with fruit sauce, omelet station, and even pasta was available (reheated at the omelet station with a few sauce options including pesto). There were a few fruit soups that were tasty that most people were choosing to drink from a glass. Food was ok, but nothing special. Except for the omelet station it was all in buffet food sitting in metal trays over a heat source.

It was definitely a busy place. Waitresses were bringing drinks and checks, and clearing the table. We did get seated exactly on time. You wouldn't get a seat without a reservation. The candle store was still open if shopping for candles was something you really wanted to do on Easter day. A person in a bunny costume came through the restaurant followed by a staff member who handed out jelly beans if you wanted them. Just generic.

One oddity about the set up. There was a hallway they were using as a waiting area with a few benches and chairs. Periodically, one of the wait staff would walk through with glasses that had been cleared. Seemed sort of unusual to have dishes coming through the waiting clients.

For my party there would be no special reason to go again except that they took reservations so there was no uncertainty about when we would be seated.

1  Thank gowharr32
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were there on a Saturday night and it was a big group. We had excellent food and service was great. unfortunately did not get a chance to see the store.

1  Thank TravelerG2011
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went there tonight with my wife and two friends. Bar was slow, service was slower, food was either very good or marignal at best. Spent $240.00 for the 4 of us. When we were leaving we heard other patrons in the parking lot stating they had come from CT. and felt the meal was not even close to expected quality and service. Last time we go there! Some one is not watching the store!

1  Thank Stephen603