“A busy afternoon during February vacation week turned tasty.”
Review of Chandler's

Chandler's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
“A busy afternoon during February vacation week turned tasty.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our waitress was very quick and attentive at 2pm on Thursday, taking our order, bringing it promptly, and checking on us and our water glass' level. The chicken sandwich with cheddar cheese and bacon was excellent, and the raspberry apple crisp a la mode was sweet. An after dinner mint came with the bill that was very reasonable. In town for us, but lots of out of state license plates in the parking lot. (A dessert menu may have sold us a second dessert as my wife would like to read it, and contemplate it, and then decide, not just listening to 6 choices read to you on the spot.)

• Visited February 2013

Holyoke, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Astonishingly Bad”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife had a gift card that allowed us to chose from several local eateries and we wrongly chose Chandlers. We decided rather than order entrees to get some apps so we could try multiple items. We started with the Mussells which were cold and had a broth sorely lacking in flavor. We dined here on a Saturday night with very few patrons so the cold food was inexcusable. The lobster roll was our second choice and I had thought prior that this was an item impossible to mess up. The lobster itself was ok but was paired with no sauce but I understand some folks prefer it that way. The roll on the other hand (which they called a home made Brioche) was more like a corn muffin and impossible to get your mouth around and eat like a sandwich. We also ordered a burger and a salad, both of which were decent but did not reflect the inflated price of both.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Brent B
Manchester, Connecticut
“Loved the food...loved the ambience”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I really liked the ambiance of this restaurant and the decor. The service was very nice.Most importantly the food was great. If you go to Yankee Candle...this is the place to wine & dine :-)

• Visited March 2012
New York
“Gorgeous candle ambiance...well balanced entree...nice wine selection”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was impressed by the chandeliers that had real candles...very beautiful. Although I dined "solo" I think this is a great place for couples. Lighting is perfect...maybe the best lighting for a relaxed dinner that I have experienced in a long time. I was able to read by candlelight but it was dark enough that, as a solo diner, I did not feel awkward.

My fish entree was served with a nice mix of roasted vegetables and homemade mashed potatoes. I really favor a restaurant that will put a starch and veggie on the same plate without charging extra. If I am paying 20 or more dollars...please give me a balanced entree! This place did a great job with that.

They also have an OUTSTANDING and well-organized wine book. Plenty of variety in style and price of wine by glass, half bottle or bottle.

• Visited January 2013
Big Bear Lake, California
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

No visit to Yankee Candle Village is complete without eating at Chandler's. Nice atmosphere, great service and great food!

Visited October 2012