“Very Good Chef Owned/Operated Restaurant”
Review of MRKT Restaurant - CLOSED

MRKT Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Surrounded by the quality farms of Western Massachusetts and Vermont, MRKT Restaurant is well positioned to bring in fresh, local produce. We believe that food should not only be delicious, but also healthy and high-quality. MRKT offers an intimate, fine-dining experience that food lovers everywhere will enjoy!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

So good to have a great dinner at a place where the excellence of the food, service and ambiance are all matched. The wine list provided a nice selection by the glass, and the cocktails were imaginative and top-notch. We had 2 house made desserts which topped off the meal perfectly. Next time we want to go to their Happy Hour at the very comfortable bar. They offer a bar menu from 5-7PM. We loved Del Raye, so we're glad to be able to have the chef's food again. Everything was perfectly seasoned, cooked just au point. Check their website for seasonal menus. Nice they take reservations for any size party.

There are newer reviews for MRKT Restaurant

Reviewed June 16, 2013

As someone who loves and appreciates great cooking, I feel blessed to live where I do. If my first meal here is any indication, this is another great addition to the dining scene in the Pioneer Valley. Hearing about MRKT's pedigree-- its chef and staff connections to the late great Del Rey in Northampton-- were enough to pique my interest before I even went to their website to check out the menu. Everything tasted as good as it looked-- which was ready for a photo shoot in a magazine. As I said to the bartender on my way out, "I'll be back, and I'll be bringing reinforcements."

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Food is very good if not a bit uneven. Not everything has to have a twist. Celery and white chocolate soup is just one example. Halibut and pesto don't go together either. Still, there were lots of highlights. Caeser salad was nicely prepared, as was the warm bread and handmade butter with peppercorns. Service could use more polish. Staff stood in the middle of the restaurant and chatted during our meal. It was distracting and unprofessional.

1  Thank TravelTurtle66
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We recently discovered MRKT restaurant in South Deerfield, a welcome addition to the "farm-to-table" scene in this valley. Occupying the site of the late Sienna, MRKT has a fresh, understated decor and an impressive offering of fresh small plates and good wines at reasonable prices. The asparagus with poached egg, the calamari, the gorgeous green salad "with a bunch of vegetables," and the astonishing chocolate cake made for a fine meal. The service is not fast, but we could tell that the chef was cooking to order, and eager to balance all the flavors. We hope this restaurant catches on and thrives!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband & I ate here for the first time Friday night. I would guess the restaurant was 90% full. Unlike another reviewer we LOVE the reasonable portions. We had the Mixed Olive appetizer and a "Big Plate" each. Was definitely not hungry after. Of course my husband also had the very unique and flavorful carrott cake dessert. We both had the evening dinner special. Grill Sea Bass - Excellent. It was served over mashed parsnips, topped with sliced parsnips and spinach. Yum! We were not served bread but we generally do not eat bread with our meals. The drink and wine selection was robust. we totally enjoyed our bottle of wine and warmed cognac. Yes, pricey ... but very well done.

1  Thank dsch