WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Deerfield
Gloversville, New York
“Awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recommended this hotle to anyone who wishes to stay in the South Deerfield area. The place was neat and clean. The staff were great. I dont know what these other two people seen or thought they saw but I think they must be very unhappy people. I WILL ALWAYS STAY AT THE REDROOF IN OF SOUTH DEERFIELD MA.

Room Tip: All rooms are neat and clean and the windows open for fresh air instead of AC if you wish fresh air.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nancy B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Hinsdale, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

This review may not even count, as we did not stay longer than about two hours. The lobby was from something back in the 70's and seemed like that was the last time it was cleaned. There were menus from local restaurants on a table, and they were sticky, and I was sorry I touched them. The hotel must not have an elevator, as we were directed to the back stairway where people go and smoke outside to reach our second floor room. It seems the management tried to update the hotel with some funky carpet in the hallway, but you could tell the walls and doorways were from 'back in the day'. Our room was not any better. Fake wood floors were installed with some random carpet squares placed at the sides of the beds. Bed coverings seemed newer, but nothing else in the room did. The bathroom seemed clean, but we did not stay long enough to be certain. The room was not comfortable, and we felt that a few attempts at making it seem updated were covering up a really bad hotel room. We called another hotel and got one of their last rooms and left this hotel. We will not go back!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Idontwant2gohome
Asheville, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Have stayed here for past several years with no issues. Room was renovated with wood-like floors and carpet tiles around the bed. Did not appear that carpet was swept and there were hairs in the bathroom. Front desk took care of it when we notified them. Said they had some new employees doing the cleaning. Seems to us like management is not doing any spot checks to see if the rooms are really being cleaned.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NC_EddieJ
Harpursville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were traveling to area for personal reasons & arrived very late & tired. I sat on bed and was so comfy, pillows were great and we slept so good. I hate hard beds so I was very happy. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. Very clean. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Read reviews make your own decision.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank HappyTraveler2461
Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The last time I stayed at this particular red roof inn the place was noisy, it wasn't very clean and the staff weren't very friendly. This time, our room was very nice (hardwood floors everywhere except under the beds. The place was relatively quiet, except for a little early evening noise by kids staying with their parents. We had to ask for a hair dryer on my previous visit and then had to walk to the lobby to get one. This time, the hair dryer was installed in the bathroom as it should be. The beds were comfortable and both me and my wife got a good nights sleep. We didn't use the pool as we were too busy during the days and evenings we were there (Friday/Saturday night). Unfortunately, just as we were starting to drift off on Saturday night, the fire alarms went off. We checked the hallway outside our room and there was no sign of fire, so we got dressed and evacuated via the nearest exit. We visited the lobby as did many other people. The police showed up after about 10 minutes and the fire department (2 engines) in about 15 minutes. I happened to be close to the fire alarm annunciator panel just outside the lobby when fire fighters and hotel security were checking it. The alarm that went off was on the same floor and wing as our room. We suspect one of the kids who were running around may have "accidently" set the alarms off. At any rate, within about 20 minutes we were back in our room. The front desk staff gave us a coupon for a discount on any rental for the rest of 2013 without my asking. Since we really were only mildly inconvenienced and since we now know there are fire alarms in the building we didn't try to get more. Red Roof improved their South Deerfield, MA Inn in the last 3 years.

Room Tip: we requested a "quiet room" on our on-line reservation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c2h5oh_1
Orange
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was happy to find a hotel with an indoor pool for where we were going for a birthday celebration.In all my years of staying at hotels, I never had a room with no coffee maker in the room. I asked for one and They said none were available from any other room....I had to drive to Greenfield for one ......by the time got back we could not use the pool. The person on phone reservation said it was open till ten pm but it was open until only 9:30 pm.Not happy but made the best of it.

Room Tip: Pack your own coffee maker and you have to ask about everything.....they did not give correct hours...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pepperens S
Richmond, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive, no-frills place to stay while on business in Northampton for several weekends, and this property exceeded my expectations. Although rates vary depending on events at the nearby colleges, I have gotten a deluxe king room for as little as $87, including tax.

A major renovation project is under way, and the newly remodeled rooms have the look of a much finer hotel. The beds and bedding are very comfortable, the rooms have a nice work area, and the deluxe rooms come with a small refrigerator and microwave -- perfect for someone who just wants to grab some takeout and get to work. The rooms are very clean, and the front-desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. Red Roof also has a generous rewards program for the frequent visitor. The location is just off I-91, an easy 10- or 15-minute drive from Northampton.

The only downside to my stays here have been the noise. The pool is a magnet for children, and let's just say they're not always quiet and courteous while on their way to and from it. I discovered that turning on the fan pretty much drowns out anything taking place in the hallways.

This was my first experience at a Red Roof, and it's turned me into a fan of the chain. I will be staying here often.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor. Because of hardwood flooring, it can get noisy on the first f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Courtyard Hadley Amherst
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield? Share your experiences!