“Ski race overnight”

Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Deerfield
Reviewed February 4, 2013

When attending ski races at Berkshire East or Eaglebrook, more and more families from the Catamount ski race team have stayed here. The kids have a blast in the pool. South Deerfield is so convenient with kid- and big group-friendly restaurants. The hotel is clean. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. And the price is right. We look forward to seeing it once the renovations are completed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Your comments on your most recent stay with us are most appreciated. We have many people stay with us who travel to Berkshire East and Eaglebrook. Our friendly and helpful staff welcomes families and groups. Our pool is a nice amenity for those traveling in the winter months. I look forward to your next stay after we have completed our renovations.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

In the last three years I have 15+ trips to this area and have stayed at this location 10+ times. Great Hotel at a great price for my basic needs; clean room, quiet, safe and the staff has been more than awesome!

I am usually arriving late at night, flying in from the midwest, reservations always right and the staff always smiling and cheerful.

The late night person, Corina, not only is welcoming but extremely helpful about all things South Deerfield and surrounding area.

Great location for a parent that needs to be in that area, right next door to Yankee Candle!

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side, parking always close to the door!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you feel this is your home away from home. Our goal is to provide a comfortable place for you to stay when you are traveling. Our staff prides themselves on giving 100% to all of our guests. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very convenient location, WIFI works GREAT and is FREE! Pool open in winter (indoors) although there was a pool party there the night I stayed ;-(...loaded with children ;-(( so you have been warned. However, they do post a list of pool parties at the front desk so if going for a swim is priority, you could ask.

It is not fancy at all but clean and well appointed for the room price. As I said in the title...good value. I came here on a detour to Maine to check out Kringle Candles, Yankee Candles and Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory. I was looking for clean, cheap, convenient. This fit the bill.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa W
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your most recent comments on your latest stay with us. We are a family oriented hotel and the pool is used by familes who stay with us. Usually our pool parties are scheduled in advance so you can schedule your pool time around the party. We pride ourselves on having clean comfortable rooms at a moderate price. Therefore our price is usually very competitive with other hotels in the area. We will be undergoing our renovation soon.I hope you come back and visit us in the near future.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had a weekend getaway with my husband last weekend at the Red Roof Inn in So. Deerfield. We had our dog so this was a good option for us. I have to say the room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. There are no frills here but the location cannot be beat and that is very important. It was extremely reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Yankee Candle is just about next to this hotel. It is an easy drive to Northampton also.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MCMcBrockton_MA

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor regarding your most recent stay with us. At Red Roof Inn our goal is to provide a clean comfortable room at a competitive price. I know we don't have the frills of other higher priced hotels but we try to provide our guests with an overall positive experience and great customer service. I hope you stay with us when you come to our area again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I only had time to stay here for one night but I wish we could've stayed an extra day to enjoy the pool and Deerfield a bit more. The staff was very friendly and helpful with our questions. We are from Canada and it was our first time in a Red Roof and this hotel was so nice and cheap we will definately be using them again in the summer. A couple of things I loved the most was that it was clean, had a pool, a flat screen TV and a coffee buffet in the lobby! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

I appreciate your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. South Deerfield is a very nice place to visit and there are lots to do in this area. I'm glad you enjoyed our pool and I hope you visit us when you come to the area again.We are renovating our property starting in January of 2013.The next time you come see us we will have all newly renovated rooms. I will share your comments with the staff.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at bothe The Springfiled , Mass. and Deerfield,Mass. Red Roof Inns.
The staff is excllent at both locations. Jen at the Deerfield Inn has been very accomodating and a delight to behold in her professionalism and assistance in all matters that mes your stay most affordable and enjoyable. I believe that everyone should experience either The Deerfield or the Springfield Mass. Inns and share tyhe restful accomadations as I have...

joe fugere

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay wth us. Our Guest service representatives work very hard to accommodate all of our guests and appreciate kind comments like yours. It means a lot when someone shows appreciation for their efforts.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our family stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend. This is our third time to this hotel, because we really like the area. The hotel is clean with very basic amenities. It has a large indoor pool. However, the pool is open to non-guests (for birthday parties), so there usually have been outsiders in the hotel when we have stayed. The beds could use new mattresses. We return to this area every few years and will most likely choose this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your response to your stay with us. Many guests who stay with us enjoy our pool facilities. I appreciate your comments and will pass them on to our staff so we can improve on our service to all of our guests. As far as the mattresses we will be starting a renovation in late January 2013 and will be replacing all of the mattresses in all rooms along with further renovation plans. This renovation is scheduled to be completed in early March of 2013.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Deerfield
#5 of 7 in Hadley
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Courtyard Hadley Amherst

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield? Share your experiences!