“No Frills”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Deerfield
new jersey
“No Frills”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I picked the Red Roof Inn because I needed a motel that took dogs. I ultimately did not bring my dog but traveled with my teenage son.

The hotel is definitely no frills. Single sinks, tiny bath towels, single pack of tissues (no box), shampoo in a little foil pack (no mini-bottles), tiny sign at front that tells you where the lobby is.

The room size was the same as any other hotel. The ceiling was a bit low and the walls were textured (like popcorn ceiling stuff on walls). No mirror except for bathroom mirror.

It is an awful location. There are barely any restaurants to be found, no drugstore, no foodstore, just a giant place to buy candles (if thats your thing). I had to drive 20 minutes to the Route 9 Diner (which I highly recommend).

If I had my dog with me (German Shepherd) I would have felt a lot safer here. The hotel is at the end of a giant parking lot (with room for truck parking). I was on the second floor and had to park at the end of the building and use my room key to access a side door before going up a flight of stairs. It was kinda creepy. There were only 3 other cars at the side of the building and maybe a dozen cars (at most) in the parking lot.

While it was fine for one night in the future I plan on staying at a hotel in a more well populated area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I appreciate your comments on your most recent stay with us. Your comments help us to improve our quality of service to all of our guests. I apologize that everything was not right with your stay. We are a moderately priced inn that is located in a nice easy to get to location that is a little away from all of the hustle of other locations. There are several restaurants in our area and most shopping is only a short drive away. There is a convenience store, gas station, Dunkin Donuts and Subway shop right next door with many amenities for the traveler who may gave forgotten something. Our rooms will be undergoing a renovation this coming January 2013 and will offer an upgraded room decor for our guests. I do hope you consider staying with us again after we have renovated to see just how much we appreciate our guests comments and look to make improvements at our inn so as to make our guests stay an enjoyable one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
New Bedford
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is upgraded since last visit and they are planning more! great location for visit to yankee candle flagship store. Clean room and comfortable bed. Aiming to please travelers. Gas station and donut shop next door. only minus was a noisy toilet..

Room Tip: superior rooms have king bed and nice workstation.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments go along way in improving our service to our guests. We are constantly working to improve our Inn. We have recently installed falt screen Televisions in every room and will be doing further renovations this coming January 2013. Our goal is to provide a superior product at a moderate price for all of our guests. If you ever experience a problem during your stay, such as a noisy toliet just let our helpful staff know and we will make sure it is corrected in a timely manner. I hope you come back and visit us again when you vist the area. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future..
Readington, New Jersey
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very decent motel. Only 15-20 minutes from Amherst Center. Excellent value. Friendly and helpful personnel at front desk. Room was very cold upon entry. Had to turn on the heat. Room was clean. Mattresses were average. Heard doors slamming shut throughout the night. Noisy neighbors. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Our location is convenient to Amherst Center without the hustle and bustle of the route 9 traffic. If you ever experience a problem as in noisy neighbors our friendly and helpful personnel are on 24 hours a day to take care of any of your needs. Just let us know and we will do everything we can to make your stay an enjoyable one. I will share you comments with our staff. I hope you stay with us when your travel plans bring you to our area again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I traveled to Amherst, Massachusetts to attend a weekend college function. The Red Roof Inn was a moderately priced hotel with clean, well supplied rooms located away from the heavily traveled Route 9 corridor. The Red Roof Inn was only 15 minutes from Amherst, taking significantly less time to reach than many closer hotels along Route 9. The rooms were fine, the staff (especially the person who I thought may have been the manager) was friendly and competent. A great local South Deerfield diner (Jerry's Place), only a few minutes from the Red Roof, provided a good home cooked breakfast in the morning. A good place to know for accommodations in the Amherst area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your reponse to your latest stay. AT Red Roof Inn our goal is to offer a clean comfortable room at a moderate price when compared to our competitors. Our location is good in that there are about nine restaurants in our area that offer a variety of tastes for our guests. I will share your comments with our staff as we work to always benefit from our guests comments in order to improve our service to our guests. I hope you stay with us when you are in our area again.
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Being avid Turkey Hunters and having to visit family in Western Mass. we have found the Red Roof Inn in Deerfield to be the best value for the money. The staff are wonderful, attentive and caring. They maintain a great facility and we will be back.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Business King is the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments on your latest stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff. Positive feedback reinforces our great service, helpful attitude and willingness to make your stay an enjoyable one. Please visit us again when you are in our area. We will be starting our renovations in January 2013. I'm sure you will like our new rooms.
South Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was really pleased with our stay at the Red Roof Inn in South Deerfield, MA. My son was playing in a lacrosse tournament in nearby Amherst and this hotel was inexpensive, easy to find, very comfortable, and just perfect for our quick, overnight stay. We had made reservations online, but then checking in and out was really fast and simple. We had wi-fi, a flat screen with ESPN, and two big beds for well under $100. We'll definitely go back there the next time we are in that area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. We are a family oriented inn and appreciate when guests have an enjoyable stay. I will share your comments with my staff.

I do hope you had a successful tournament and hope you stay with us when you are in the area again.
Ohio
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Have stayed in several Red Roofs all over the country, and without a doubt this was the nicest. Room was clean and spacious, staff was helpful, attentive,and cheerful. Next trip to Massachusetts I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate your comments on your recent stay with us. Many of our guests travel a lot during the year and many stay for extended periods of time. We would like them to think of Red Roof Inn as their home away from home.

We offer clean convenient affordable lodging at an affordable price. If you have to work long hours and just need a conforatable place to stay with a friendly face to see after each work day, I hope we make that happen for you. Many of our long term guests are considered family by our staff, since they may see us more than they see their family. I hope to see you in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Deerfield
Deerfield Inn
Deerfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Deerfield
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ South Deerfield? Share your experiences!