“Santa came in a hellicopter....”

Yankee Candle Flagship Store
More attraction details
Owner description: This 80,000-square-foot space is the world's largest candle store and factory.
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The worst experience of my life. The sign stated 4 + hours...it was 6 + hours with no exaggerating. Putting children through that is just plain cruel. One child was so exhausted they just threw up all over the place. I get that waiting in line for Santa might take a while but, to have employees LYING to you and saying each lane takes 30 minutes is completely false. It took a good hour + to get through one isle. We were thinking of giving up at the 2 hour mark but, we THOUGHT we had invested too much time. We also THOUGHT we only had 2 hours left because of the LIES! You can't put people in a dark room for hours with Rudolph and Frosty on loop without someone going postal. They had freaking security guards b/c parents were getting pretty vocal after hour 4 and 5.. Don't even get me started on the stupid photography "winter wonderland" employees...a bunch of mindless people told to say the same thing over and over again. I just kept hearing them lie to apparently keep people in line...so they could try to charge them $40.00 for some pics with fake snow...what a joke.
After that experience...NEVER ever buying a Yankee candle again and I will be throwing any Yankee candle gifts away! Kringle Candle Co. just got a new customer...and my entire family will be buying candles there now...

2  Thank Voyager0272013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It's still pretty to look around & the grounds are great. The candles are not made as well as the original owner made them. I was a loyal Yankee Candle customer for so many years & now find the candles a huge disappointment. I go up further to Kringles Candle. The inside is still beautiful with the different room but really it's not the same as it was back before the buyout. I wish they would bring back the candles to the way they were.

1  Thank Stormy013
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a place for the whole family. Leave yourself plenty of time because you will need it to get through the entire store. Yankee Candle is one of my most favorite places to visit,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Once upon a time, back before Yankee Candle was sold to an investment company, the home store in South Deerfield was a must-visit location. It was much more than a candle store, it was a fantasy land of decorations and scenes to fill the imagination - and scents to match.
Holidays were especially fun - amazing with room after room of Christmas scenes themed from around the world inspiration. Candles were almost an after-thought, but you still bought them, and lots, because the quality at that time was so good.
Now, it's not much more than what you see at the mall store except much much larger - and over and over again in the vast space. Magic is definitely long gone. As a destination - not worth the ride. Even the restaurant is mediocre. If you want to visit a good candle shop, drive a few minutes up RT 91 to Kringle Candle. The original Yankee owners opened up this place a few years ago. It's much better.

2  Thank 82sammy
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I am a loyal yankee candle customer, but have seen a significant change in the potency of their candles in the past few years. You used to be able to walk into my house and smell the candle i had burned two days prior. Now, you cant even smell the same frangranced candle, while its burning, unless you walk up to it and wave your nose over it. I returned 4 of the 4 candles i bought this year; my staple 4 that i purchase every year. The new owners of the company need to revert back to the original 'recipe'. Theyre skimping on fragrance oils added in the production, tarnishing the yankee name. The orignal owner would be so disappointed. Someone; a son maybe, of the original owner, opened a store not far from yankee, called Kringle Candle. They smell how yankee candles used to smell. How a candle 'should' smell.

1  Thank bribnt